middle of the end
Varus Callahan
Assassin / Hollowed Grounds Captain

Age: 347 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 14 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 20 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
you were in the fallout and you lost some friends //
There is a fair amount of relief that slips from his shoulders, to find out that it wasn’t him that had been the problem here. But it still arises a few more questions, ones that are going to have to wait, because she’s suggesting a drink and while they both don’t get the same sensation from it, it’s the thought that matters in the end. And whiskey is certainly a good enough distraction for him any day. So he nods, offering her a soft smile and following her toward the drink.

Truthfully, it’s a deluge of information that takes him a lot to wrap his mind around. First off, the first death and returning as a horse of all things? A unicorn? A bonded companion? It’s here that his brows pinch together but he keeps his lips sealed aside from drinking the whiskey, humming low in his throat as he realizes the intensity of the relationship between Isla and Remi. “I’ve… Never had a companion but I imagine being soul bound for so long to one another, you’d be closer than best friends.” It ends with a small tease, a softer edge of a smile as the relief slips through him.

As for killing her the second time, he nods to that – understanding more than most what kind of strength that might take. And as Remi had told him, he wasn’t much of a fan of any of the gods, and his trust was hard to find. He can respect that.

It happened so fast. I didn’t mean to offend him by telling him about us. I just knew you were going through a lot and I just wanted to be there for you for it all, just like he did… Does?” His head tilts slightly, lips pursing, before he’s stepping toward her and reaching up to run his normal hand through her hair, aiming to pull her in for a hug. “It is a lot. But I’ve had plenty of centuries to be a patient man.” Another gentle tease, before he’s huffing out a loud sigh. “Is it still complicated between you two or are we okay?” He thinks the latter, but he has to ask to check. "He's okay with me?"
VARUS

Messages In This Thread
middle of the end - by Varus - 05-26-2021, 06:21 PM
RE: middle of the end - by Isla - 05-26-2021, 07:54 PM
RE: middle of the end - by Varus - 05-26-2021, 08:02 PM
RE: middle of the end - by Isla - 05-26-2021, 08:12 PM
RE: middle of the end - by Varus - 05-26-2021, 08:18 PM
RE: middle of the end - by Isla - 05-26-2021, 08:28 PM
RE: middle of the end - by Varus - 05-26-2021, 08:58 PM
RE: middle of the end - by Isla - 05-26-2021, 09:11 PM
RE: middle of the end - by Varus - 05-26-2021, 11:19 PM
RE: middle of the end - by Isla - 05-27-2021, 07:33 PM