middle of the end
Varus Callahan
Assassin / Hollowed Grounds Captain

Age: 347 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 14 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 20 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
you were in the fallout and you lost some friends //
There were a lot of things that didn’t make sense when it came to Caido and its inner workings, and Varus doesn’t have all the time in the world to make sense of them. The least he can do is take it at face value and hope that he ends up somewhere close enough to something he can both live with as well as the truth. Still, the bubbling of her laugh is something he clings to as he nods in understanding. “Yeah, quite difficult without making it sound like you’ve lost your marbles, hm?” He can’t help the way he slips into his idle chatter, his jesting tones, if only to try and make light for the turmoil the last day or two.

He steps toward her, a low hum leaving his throat as he reaches up to tuck her golden hair behind her ear, pulling her in for a hug. “That’s also why I didn’t seek you out. I wanted to give you space for a bit. It’s a lot on your shoulders… And given we can’t sleep or drink to forget about it, well, all you can do is constantly think about it.” Is he projecting? Yeah, a little bit, if his quiet broody scans have anything to say about it.

He pulls her in tight and snug against him, though, and she fits quite well in the space he’s carved for her, moving to rest his cheek against her crown. “Does.” Varus mumbles against her hair. But when she goes to apologize again, he does pull away a fraction, the metal hand rising to press a finger under her chin, to lift her head so he might scan her face. “I’ve been caught up in a lot of things, Isla. If that was as bad as it got, I’m a lucky man.” He hums, flashing her an easy smile. “It’s been a long time since I’ve met anyone like you, too.” He teases with a wink – because of course it had been a long time.

And for what it’s worth, I forgive you. And thank you for explaining all of it, even if it sounds like it belongs in a book.” Leaning in and pressing his lips against her forehead, he withdraws to scan her face again, a glimmer of amusement lingering in his gaze.
VARUS

Messages In This Thread
middle of the end - by Varus - 05-26-2021, 06:21 PM
RE: middle of the end - by Isla - 05-26-2021, 07:54 PM
RE: middle of the end - by Varus - 05-26-2021, 08:02 PM
RE: middle of the end - by Isla - 05-26-2021, 08:12 PM
RE: middle of the end - by Varus - 05-26-2021, 08:18 PM
RE: middle of the end - by Isla - 05-26-2021, 08:28 PM
RE: middle of the end - by Varus - 05-26-2021, 08:58 PM
RE: middle of the end - by Isla - 05-26-2021, 09:11 PM
RE: middle of the end - by Varus - 05-26-2021, 11:19 PM
RE: middle of the end - by Isla - 05-27-2021, 07:33 PM