and now my bitter hands cradle broken glass
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 26 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Zombeikid Offline
Change author:
MP: 630
LOCKE

He's sees the flash of fear and it makes him feel guilty. All of this does. For her, for the goat, all of it. But Maeve does what she's told and what feels like hours passes in seconds. The goat is dead, Maeve has done her duty to Safrin. It's over. Locke quickly double checks to make sure the goat is actually dead before pushing after Maeve.

One hand tangles in her hair, keeping it out of her face while the other braces against her arm. He shooshes her softly, trying to ease the pain. "You did good. She didn't suffer more than she had to." His voice is soft, something reserved only for her. Really, it's a kinder death than some of her kind. Not every goat is treated to a freshly sharpened blade and a steady hand.

He holds her until she's done, whispering soft encouragement until she can right herself. His eyes dart between her's and the goat. Her white coat is ashy gray now in most places, sticky red in others. At least they'll eat well for awhile. "Do you need some more time?" They don't have all day but they have a few moments, at least.
I know I was born and I know that I'll die
The in-between is mine

Messages In This Thread
RE: and now my bitter hands cradle broken glass - by Locke - 05-29-2021, 09:51 PM