and now my bitter hands cradle broken glass
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 27 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

She's only alone for a moment. Maeve doesn't even realize he's joined her at first. Not until he's gently gathering her hair in one hand and keeping her steady with the other. His voice croons gently into her ear, soothing her, telling her that she did it right. That everything was over now. Maeve finally stops heaving, spitting the acid from her mouth and wiping with the back of her clean hand, but she draws in a ragged breath before she's finally straightening up. Her whole body feels cold, sweat beading on her brow, and her hands are still trembling. She swallows thickly, "What do we have to do now?" The need to power through is the only thing keeping her upright. She doesn't want to be weak. Not after finally doing this.

Maeve looks up at him, tears still caught in her lashes, but she's trying to be strong. She hands him the knife, still bloody and sticky just like her hand is before she's squaring back her shoulders. Maeve sniffles, using her clean hand to brush tears away from her cheeks, but that lingering sickness continues to sit in her belly despite the brave face she puts on. She can't bring herself to look over at the goat where she lays in the ash, no longer breathing due to her actions.
I'm undone about to burst at my seams
'Cause I am picturing you beside me
So let me be everything that you need

Messages In This Thread
RE: and now my bitter hands cradle broken glass - by Maeve - 05-29-2021, 10:28 PM