and now my bitter hands cradle broken glass
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 26 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Zombeikid Offline
Change author:
MP: 630
LOCKE

He presses the smallest of kisses to the side of her neck, stepping back as she stands. There's blood smeared down her leg now but he's not going to point it out. He takes the knife from her, cleaning it on his pants before tucking it away. His head tilts as she looks at him, resolute in her decision. "Take her to be butchered properly. I can do it myself." Her part in all of this is done. And sure, he could butcher it himself, if he wanted. But ever since he hurt his hands, he hasn't been able to do it cleanly. Every day it gets a little better but he's a ways off from carving up his own meat again.

Locke sighs softly, reaching up to brush a thumb over her cheek. "You did good, really. It'll be easier next time." And he hopes next time is a meal, a goat, anything but what this really stands for. He leans forward, pressing a kiss to the side of her jaw before turning away from her. He makes his way over to the goat, kneeling down and wrapping the cut with some fabric he brought just for this. He makes a point of keeping himself between Maeve's line of sight and the goat. Once she's all wrapped up, he carefully takes her in his arms.

"Ready then?" It's a faceted question and he hopes she understands.
I know I was born and I know that I'll die
The in-between is mine

Messages In This Thread
RE: and now my bitter hands cradle broken glass - by Locke - 05-29-2021, 10:36 PM