and now my bitter hands cradle broken glass
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 27 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

For not usually knowing what to say, Locke somehow manages to find the words she needs to hear right now and that budding anxiety in her chest is soothed for the time being. Maeve sighs softly, looking down at their entwined fingers as she muses over his suggestions, nodding after some time. "You're right... I guess I wasn't thinking of it like that. I don't know that I'll be able to bring people with me, but I can bring supplies and things like that." Just another way for her to provide aide and to be of use. That's what she asked for and that's what Safrin was giving her. Maeve just needs to be smart enough to use it. Maeve makes a soft sound in the back of her throat, seeing the blood that's no longer on her hands clearly in her mind, "I killed a goat and threw up afterwards. Not sure how I'll be able to handle killing a person."

Would she have to make herself cold? Ruthless and without empathy? Would she have to take the softest parts of herself and kill them too just to survive? The idea of that being her future makes her sick all over again. That isn't what she wants, but he's not wrong. She's capable of it. If she had to do it to save herself or him or anyone else for that matter, she would do it. Maeve manages a small nod, "Sunjata showed me a few things. Ronin offered to help before. They likely would help if I asked for it." Finally she meets his eyes again, swallowing thickly as she searches his gaze in an attempt to center herself. "And we can train together."

Maeve softens as she looks at him, adoration sparking in her sea glass gaze as she reaches up with her free hand, cupping his cheek, "You're brave and compassionate. You're good at taking care of people even when you say you aren't. That's something. Any of them would be lucky to have someone who is willing to run into a burning building to save people just because of their connection to someone he cares about." She murmurs, offering him a small smile as she leans into him, pressing a chaste kiss to his lips as her forehead rests against his for just a few seconds before she's drawing back once more.

"No... I'm not sure you are either." And if she's being completely honest, she would much rather he stay away from Safrin given the track record of men in her life who were involved with the goddess. "Perhaps Frey? There are two sides to them. Maybe the nature side would fit you more."
I'm undone about to burst at my seams
'Cause I am picturing you beside me
So let me be everything that you need

Messages In This Thread
RE: and now my bitter hands cradle broken glass - by Maeve - 06-03-2021, 10:15 PM