and now my bitter hands cradle broken glass
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 26 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Zombeikid Offline
Change author:
MP: 630
LOCKE

She crawls into his arms and he's glad she's as touch starved as he seems to be. All of this is hard, harder than he wants it to be, harder than either of them want it to be. But it's the life they live now. At least they've time to prepare. He wonders how many others are just there, unaware as he was. "That's what matters though, right? Being able to do something hard despite the fact that it's hard? Because it needs to be done?" He wonders what lesson she was supposed to take away from this but he's not Safrin nor is he Maeve. All he could do was help and maybe give her some path to walk down.

He laughs despite the mood because she's right. "Suppose so. Still, fucked my hands up. Who knows what kind of stupid shit I'm going to get in during a gods damned war. Might be fun though. At least make for a good story when it's all said and done. Gotta have something to tell the grandkids some day." Just pretend like there isn't a chance you'll die, that's all. Maybe if he ignores it, it won't happen, right? Yeah, that's how these things work.

"And to think everything we've done so far has been pretty vanilla. But hey, if that's what you're into.." Than so is he. He waits for her answer, hazel eyes tracing the lines of her face as she thinks. He likes to steal little moments like these, time when he can really look at her without her noticing, he hopes. Her answer makes his head tilt before he kind of shrugs, "Primal huh.. Interesting. I guess there's more to nature than pretty flowers.. And of course I like coming here. It's mine and I don't have to share it with anyone." He chose to share it with her but he didn't have to.

"And there's no people here.. So that helps.." But maybe she's right.
It's like a bit of light
and a touch of dark

Messages In This Thread
RE: and now my bitter hands cradle broken glass - by Locke - 06-05-2021, 06:12 PM