it's down to the wire this time
For Morgan!
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Age: 42 | Height: 5' 9" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 6 - Strg: 23 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 22 - Luck: 14 - Int:
EUNIKE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
MORGAN

At first Deimos signalled his understanding and she almost thought that might be the end of it, that the ever-stoic General would get up and leave once the matter was done. But no, unlike how she'd come to know him, he continued and dug his hole. His first point was almost laughable; in fact, she nearly did laugh. "That is not what I said. Be sensible. I would want you to bring me proof and reports of what they were doing then we would have discussed the matter. A council member that finds out such a thing then goes off to act violently on his own is not a liability I can afford." She would speak to Sunjata about the  Spy Ring, once she'd discovered more about it herself. See if they could come to an agreement. "Acting as you have, the whole matter is now complicated, out in the open and a shock to me - and I will have to pick up the pieces."

Then it seemed he took her words of hurt, which she had expected to be met with apology or empathy, as offensive, and went on the attack. It was quite eye-opening to see Deimos speak like this; Morgan closed her eyes and raised her eyebrows, trying to process all of what he'd just said before she responded.

She did not like to argue, but she wasn't going to let all of that stand.

"...I did not know you felt that way. As far as I am aware I have not shown any preferential treatment - Neron was my Warden when he was in power, and he had that position taken. Loren certainly made his mistakes, but he had a moral dilemma, not..." Morgan waved her hand towards Deimos, perhaps letting her anger get the better of her: "Petty arson committed by a man acting like a child."

As for LongNight...she took in a heavy breath. Had he felt this way the whole time? Silently resentful, thinking her a user, a betrayer? She really had felt they were friends, that she had in Deimos an understanding fellow soldier. "You were asked, Deimos, and you said yes. I went to honour an agreement with Wessex and I was not aware anyone else wanted my position while I was gone." Morgan let out the breath with a sigh, her fingers tightening around her knuckles.

"I don't understand how else you thought this could have gone. You went to another region without my knowledge, you destroyed something of Sunjata's violently, you don't even have an apology for me - and now you attack me and my leadership. It's not what I've come to expect from you." Again, her hurt side was showing through, the fresh wound in her heart under the shield of anger; with someone she considered close, it was hard to keep those walls up. "If you have nothing else productive to say, leave."
Would you have it any other way?
You couldn't have it any other way

Messages In This Thread
it's down to the wire this time - by Deimos - 05-26-2021, 10:53 PM
RE: it's down to the wire this time - by Morgan - 05-27-2021, 06:42 PM
RE: it's down to the wire this time - by Deimos - 05-27-2021, 11:07 PM
RE: it's down to the wire this time - by Morgan - 05-28-2021, 08:33 PM
RE: it's down to the wire this time - by Deimos - 05-29-2021, 07:08 PM
RE: it's down to the wire this time - by Morgan - 05-30-2021, 05:06 PM
RE: it's down to the wire this time - by Deimos - 05-30-2021, 07:03 PM
RE: it's down to the wire this time - by Morgan - 05-30-2021, 09:38 PM
RE: it's down to the wire this time - by Deimos - 05-30-2021, 10:13 PM