guess things happen that way
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Age: 29 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Away
Change author:
MP: 630
Aurelia
'cause not everything means something, honey
so say the unsayable, say the most human things
She scoffs a tiny bit at the piece of Adam's story that he decides to share, and the way he describes simply... not following in his father's footsteps. Aurelia didn't either, and for that she can relate, but her father was also an ordinary man - or so she'd thought. The question Adam directs back at her is harmless, but it has her pausing with a heavy silence. There were things about her memories that had come to her in waves since she came to Caido. And some of the pieces just... don't fit, don't make sense. Aurelia glances back down at the debris, working slowly, deliberately, trying to be thorough.

"He uhm... he was a smithy. Built armor and weapons... good man, but- ordinary. Well, I thought he was, anyway," her brows raise skeptically now, "He was killed in a fire... the circumstances were suspicious; it was started by magical means. Someone.. wanted to hurt him. I was a kid. I didn't understand, still don't. And the police never got to the bottom of it, I think they didn't care. So it just made me real angry." Still does. She sniffs involuntarily and a cough forces its way back out because of all the stirred up particles in the air.

Adam moves toward a floorboard and starts trying to pry it up. She moves almost immediately to help him, and her hand goes for the knife she knows must be in its sheath along her hip. However, it's not. The sheath is empty, has been since she lost her father's knife in the Oerwoud. She grits her teeth as she reaches for one of her daggers instead, listening to Adam. She works at the sides of the board with the tip of the blade, searching for a spot to sink it through.

She pauses a little, looking back up at him as he trails off. Now that they're closer and face-to-face, she can see the tension feathering in his own jaw too. "I know how you feel..." she says when he's finished. "I never feel good enough for the people I love, and I think I tend to prove it.. unintentionally. Even though I'm trying... it sucks-"

The blade suddenly catches on one side of the board, drawing her attention back down. She pushes it further in along the end of the panel, prying it up as best she can. "Is it there?" She asks, voice a little strained.
if everything is temporary
I will bear the unbearable

Messages In This Thread
guess things happen that way - by Aurelia - 05-29-2021, 07:24 PM
RE: guess things happen that way - by Adam - 05-30-2021, 04:47 PM
RE: guess things happen that way - by Aurelia - 05-30-2021, 06:27 PM
RE: guess things happen that way - by Adam - 06-01-2021, 08:50 AM
RE: guess things happen that way - by Aurelia - 06-01-2021, 09:04 AM
RE: guess things happen that way - by Adam - 06-03-2021, 04:00 PM
RE: guess things happen that way - by Aurelia - 06-06-2021, 08:50 AM
RE: guess things happen that way - by Adam - 06-08-2021, 06:58 PM
RE: guess things happen that way - by Aurelia - 06-12-2021, 09:10 AM