i've seen this room, i've walked this floor
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 4 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 57 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9347
How do I keep myself from fallin' apart when I ain't never felt part of a whole?
Is this how her pain would appear on someone who has not glazed over it with a thick wall of ice the way she has? It feels wrong to wonder at the tear that trails down his cheek, illuminating eyes that shine like polished sea glass. The awe is more properly placed when his wings emerge, the consideration of space appreciated only a moment before she's shuffling to lean into the warmth of his feathers. It's a consuming blanket of touch, and the tightness in her skin relaxes like a snapped rope. "It's you I worry more for. Is it not overwhelming?" Hotaru is a selfish woman all the same, intending to curl in the splendor of his wing as long as he is willing to bear the elemental storm of her emotions.

His laughter rings on the wrong side of joy, but it's a better sound than the shade of her own grief in his apology. "Like your fashion choices," she agrees with a wise nod of her head. "Clearly not a perk you received as a gay man." Her bare shoulder brushes his in a companionable nudge, teasing smile aimed his way. At the shallows of the storm there is a companionship to be felt should he surface from the maelstrom, a burgeoning fondness for their banter.

Ru had not expected such transparency admittedly - but she hangs on every word and magical display, eyes bright like a magpie's as it eyes a shiny trinket. "Cleverness and strength are siblings, not foes," she muses, and wonders anew at their contrasts. "There are many creatures in Rae's realm who mimic to survive. Perhaps they'll let it slide this once, cuteness considered." The cheeky cut of her smile dwindles after a moment, turning to look at the shrine as its shadow grows longer before them. "And the war, of course. My lips may rarely close, but for you I think I can make an exception - extenuating circumstances and all that." And perhaps because she may be growing rather fond of him.
HOTARU
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.

Messages In This Thread
RE: i've seen this room, i've walked this floor - by Hotaru - 06-01-2021, 07:45 AM