okay i'll admit that i really don't understand
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Age: 29 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Away
Change author:
MP: 630
but the thing is, even if i could go back, i wouldn't belong there anymore
It's been a few days since Aurelia's conversation with Seren, some time granted in between the chaos and the jarring peace to follow. She knows it won't last, however, and she can only prolong the inevitable for so long before she has to do what needs doing. She'd asked around with a few of the locals, where she might find Maeve now, and it came as no surprise to find out that she was still at the site of the Halenani - dedicated to rebuilding the only real home she's known. So Aurelia takes off for it when the time feels... less wrong. Would there ever be a right time for this? She knows the answer, and continues on anyway.

The construction of the building is still underway, so it's easily that she's able to spot Maeve amongst it all, with her raven-black hair and slim figure. For a moment, she means not to interrupt, observing from the sidelines and waiting for a moment that might be better. She finds that there isn't one, and the simmering dread in her stomach seems only to draw the pit there wider.

But this is her job, or... at least, she feels like it is. A responsibility rests on her shoulders, even if Jack has taken some of the weight off her shoulders and the actual decisions will be left to Sunjata to make. She has to know the part Maeve plays in all of this, if it's only a surface-level thing or something that goes deeper, is more sinister. She hopes it's not the latter, still feeling some amount of care for the Madame - even if she perhaps doesn't deserve to.

"Maeve," the name echoes out from the lips as she draws near, loud enough to draw attention without needing repeat measures. Aurelia's pace slow but steady, she carries no weapons, no need for them here, no desire to be intimidating here and now. There is no fire in her eyes anymore, only a dark and swimmy reluctance. She half-braces for a harsh confrontation, but truly she doesn't know what to expect.

Wishing to cut through the formalities, Aurelia makes sure to clear one thing up from the start, "I don't know if you can still recognize me, but it's me... Aurelia." The admittance of that feels shameful and difficult, but she goes through with it anyway. "I need to speak to you... about that night, if you can. I know you're busy, so I won't take up too much of your time... If there's somewhere we can talk for a bit..." she glances around with a troubled expression. Something like this doesn't need to be discussed out in the open, so she offers the opportunity of discretion, should Maeve want it.
Aurelia

Messages In This Thread
okay i'll admit that i really don't understand - by Aurelia - 06-02-2021, 12:49 AM