okay i'll admit that i really don't understand
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 27 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

The days have been busy for her. They haven't slowed down despite the chaos dying down around them and Maeve is grateful for it because it at least gives her something to focus on. The Halenani is her project. Her baby. She pours herself into days here to create something for her people. The fires were behind her for the time being. Hotaru had separated herself from the Madame for her protection and Maeve was doing her best to move on from there. Even though she couldn't help but worry about the woman and what was to come. This wasn't over. It wouldn't be for some time. Not until Sunjata came back and decided what was going to be done regarding those who set the fire.

It was a mess. All of it. Maeve sighs, rubbing at her temples as she looks down at the blueprints, trying to make sense of their next steps. "Oi! No sir! That's not where we're meant to have a supporting joint!" She calls out, catching a mistake that could very well be detrimental had she not. The Madame is in the process of correcting it when she hears her name. At first she thinks it's one of her workers with the familiarity in which is calls out her name, but when she turns she sees someone she's not expecting. Aurelia. Her face is different and at first Maeve didn't really notice. She definitely hadn't noticed that night, but she does now. Even though the voice is clearly the same one that had filled her room seasons before.

"Aurelia..." Confusion colors her tone, brows knitting together as she turns to watch the other woman approach. There is a myriad of emotions that swirls in her chest. Anger, hurt, guilt, and even a lingering attraction that she'd prefer to not acknowledge. They barely had a chance to become anything before Aurelia broke them apart, shattering a piece of her in the process, but that's not what this is about. No, this is about the fire and about what Maeve knows.

Her lips purse in consideration and she nods slowly, "Alright." Maeve says softly, looking around at the gathering of men and women alike, "Take an hour, loves! Get yourself something to eat and cool off for a bit." She instructs the volunteers, turning her attention back to Aurelia before ushering her towards the tent that is serving as her base of operations for the time being. Maeve closes the flap behind them after Aurelia enters, busying herself with pouring them both some iced tea before taking a seat behind the small desk that's holding all of her plans and notes.  

Despite the nerves in her belly, Maeve looks every bit calm and collected as she crosses her legs, taking a sip of her tea, "I'm not sure how I can help, but I'll try." And she means it. Hotaru knows what's coming. That's why she broke things off with her. Maeve doesn't know much, but she doesn't have anything to hide either way.
If you're a lover, you should know
The lonely moments just get lonelier

Messages In This Thread
RE: okay i'll admit that i really don't understand - by Maeve - 06-02-2021, 01:32 AM