okay i'll admit that i really don't understand
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Age: 29 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Away
Change author:
MP: 630
but the thing is, even if i could go back, i wouldn't belong there anymore
The hustle and bustle of moving workers is a welcome normality to Aurelia, and she tries to stay out of they way as she makes her own towards Maeve's figure, where she stands over her blueprints and calls out to a young gentleman who seems to have gotten something wrong. Aurelia has to swallow down everything else to steady herself against this brick wall she feels she has to break through - whether it's her own or otherwise.

The confusion is evident in Maeve's voice but it's expected, understandable. She nods in confirmation, and her lips part halfway as if she's going to say something else. An explanation, why she looks different, but it feels lesser in the face of this and so she gets to the point. She's thinks that Maeve would prefer it that way, with what had transpired between them. She isn't naive to the way she'd hurt her, but she doesn't rightly know what to do with that.

Hard lines soften with relief at a willingness to at least talk about more official matters, about the reason she's here. Aurelia waits patiently as Maeve dismisses her workers, and proceeds to follow her swiftly toward the tent. Within, she's slower to take a seat than Maeve is, allowing the woman to make herself comfortable in her own space first. She doesn't know why such a little thing like sitting in a chair and accepting a cup of tea feels so damn daunting.

For a bit, she stands rigidly by the entryway, until she makes slow strides toward the seat across from Maeve, pulling it a bit closer to the desk in the process. Her hands feel stiff and clammy, sweat lingering on the back of the chair where she touched it. It beads along her brow, as well, but at least that can be blamed on Longheat.

Aurelia finds herself unable to cut to the bottom of things now, unable to respond so directly to Maeve's statement. Her gaze drifts across the glasses between them, watching the ice settle and then she finally meets Maeve's cool green eyes.

"I'm glad to see that you're rebuilding the Halenani..." she says, and while she does mean it the honesty feels awkward in her throat, "I was sorry to hear that it collapsed in the monsoons." Sorry that she hadn't been there. It seems she's sorry for a lot, lately, all the time. Does it really matter anyway?

Clearing her throat, she tries to press on, "As you.. might've heard, I've been elected as the new Arbiter," she doesn't say this as if to wave it like a proud flag, but as a means to let Maeve know she isn't coming here personally to find answers for selfish reasons. Although, she is, but she can hide beneath that cover, can't she.. "So you know I have to ask for your account of what happened. I can write it down, word for word, if you want," so that she knows nothing has been twisted, and at this Aurelia pulls out a small journal and a charcoal pencil.

"Anything helps, though. If it's easier, you can start from the beginning. Why you were there, what you saw or heard. I... I have to ask you to be completely honest, leave nothing out... you know that." Her gaze takes on a knowing edge, silently warning Maeve.

She doesn't want to reveal what she already knows, doesn't want Seren to be identified as an informant. It could spell trouble for the girl. Though she doubts that would be because of Maeve, she also feels like she doesn't truly know anyone anymore.
Aurelia

Messages In This Thread
RE: okay i'll admit that i really don't understand - by Aurelia - 06-02-2021, 01:55 AM