okay i'll admit that i really don't understand
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 27 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

Whether the awkwardness is due to the conversation that they're about to have or their own previous entanglements, Maeve isn't sure, but she doesn't miss the way that Aurelia seems to stiffen or linger. She definitely doesn't miss the tightness in her brow or the way she can't seem to meet her eyes at first. The Madame gives her a moment to settle, letting her exist in whatever state she finds herself in now that she's in her presence, but doesn't prompt anything further than her opening statement.

Maeve wraps her hands around her glass, bringing it to her lips and taking a slow sip, condensation dripping from the glass before she's setting it back down. Her head dips in acknowledgement, a small smile on her lips, "It's been a bit of a mess. The process is slow, but we're making progress." Maeve says easily, adjusting herself in her seat as she lets herself hold her gaze, "Probably for the best to have a fresh start. I can make it better for them." She's been trying to look on the bright side of things. A fresh start for everyone involved.

Her brow arches, shaking her head as Aurelia shares the news of her promotion, "I wasn't aware. Congratulations. Does that mean you'll be in Torchline on a more permanent basis?" Does it really matter? It's not like she'd be coming to see Maeve for anything. Maeve wasn't even sure if she wants that after the way it went before. It would likely go up in smoke much like it did the last time. "Whatever you need to do." She says with a small wave of her hand, picking up her glass to take another small sip of her tea.

"I know." She says softly, licking her lips as she considers where exactly would be best to start. Maeve draws in a breath, trying to straighten out her thoughts, "I was heading back to Locke's after working here for the day. You know that the Slagveld is right up the road from here and I have to pass it on the way home." She takes another sip of her drink, mostly to chase off the heat that wants to cling to her skin, but also to help calm her nerves despite the fact that she has nothing to hide. "I saw the smoke coming out of the building and I know that Adam lives there. I was worried he might be inside. Just as I got closer I saw someone attack the unicorn that was outside before they rushed in. That's when you showed up just as I was rushing forward to help."

And this is the moment that it going to give everything away. There are some parts that she can keep close to her chest, but this will put Hotaru at the scene and she has to keep herself safe. She promised. Maeve takes a breath, "I helped because I was worried about Adam, but I recognized the companion to be Hotaru's. I don't know if she was actually there or not, but the unicorn was hers." Maeve tells her softly, meeting her eyes as she lets out a breath. "I don't know if she was actually involved or if Atlas was maybe just looking for Sunjata or what. That's all I really know."
If you're a lover, you should know
The lonely moments just get lonelier

Messages In This Thread
RE: okay i'll admit that i really don't understand - by Maeve - 06-02-2021, 02:29 AM