okay i'll admit that i really don't understand
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 27 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

Maeve watches as she writes everything down, expression soft and open, making it seem as if she has absolutely nothing to hide. Which, she doesn't. Not really. It's easy to pretend that her involvement with Hotaru is something small and insignificant. Not because it was, but because acting like it's something more would mean that the other woman would be in more danger than she already is. Maeve takes another slow sip of her tea, letting the questions Aurelia airs settle between them and considering what to reveal.

"I wouldn't say we're very close. I met her just before she left and knew of her skills as a glassmaker. I wrote to her shortly before the monsoons started with a request for a pendant I needed for a quest. I met her in Halo to discuss things and was meant to see her again to get the pendants from her." Maeve licks her lips, shifting in her chair to get more comfortable, "I hadn't seen her since. I didn't even know she was in Torchline." Another half truth. Maeve did know she was in Torchline, but she didn't know this was why. She looks up at Aurelia from beneath her lashes, shrugging her shoulders as she looks up at the other woman, drawing her bottom lip between her teeth.

The last question was harder. Did she think that Hotaru would do something like this? Yeah, she did. She knew that she was capable of it. Hotaru would burn everything down. She had razed kingdoms to the ground, claiming them for her own, but Maeve wasn't going to tell her that. Instead she takes a breath, shaking her head slowly, "I never thought that she would. I don't know her all that well, but she didn't seem the type to do something like that. I know that things were complicated between her and Sunjata, but never to the point that I thought she would seek revenge." And whether this was about revenge or something else entirely, Maeve couldn't say for sure.

Maeve considers speaking further, but ultimately decides there isn't much to lose, "One other person knows that she was here. Seren, my friend, the one who tried to save Atlas. I told her that Atlas was Hotaru's companion. Admittedly, I warned her not to say anything. I was hoping that maybe I could find Hotaru and try to talk to her to figure things out before blame was tossed around. It's a heavy accusation. I'm sure you understand." She explains, hoping to effectively shift possible blame, but not sure if it would actually work. Things would go how they're going to go, but she will try to do what she can. "I never did find her."
If you're a lover, you should know
The lonely moments just get lonelier

Messages In This Thread
RE: okay i'll admit that i really don't understand - by Maeve - 06-02-2021, 03:43 AM