okay i'll admit that i really don't understand
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Age: 29 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Away
Change author:
MP: 630
but the thing is, even if i could go back, i wouldn't belong there anymore
All she had wanted was honesty and yet, as Maeve's relation with Hotaru becomes muddled by 'not very close' and knowing about the woman's personal issues with Sunjata... suspicion arouses within Aurelia like a flame. While it may be small, it is sure and strong. Why stick out your neck for a glassmaker? Why worry about what happened to her in such a way that she'd seek her out? And, besides all Seren had told her, Aurelia knows how easy it is for Maeve to sink her teeth into people - even from a one-time meeting.

She wonders and ponders over that for a moment, over the mention of going to Locke's house in the dead of night - just before sunrise. Maeve was a woman of passion, but never held to any one person. It wouldn't surprise her in the least if there was something deeper between her and Hotaru. The intricate way Maeve has coated her words is a dishonesty that also isn't quite a lie. Omitting is just as bad as lying, however, when Aurelia had asked her to leave nothing out.

Alas, she makes no mention of her inner thoughts. She is silent for some time, and perhaps there's a depth to that she can't hide. "It is a serious accusation and it won't be taken lightly," she finally states, glancing down at the glass of iced tea that she still has not touched. She's reminded of a conversation she had with Hotaru, once, where they too drank tea and talked about things that were important. How it was important to remain loyal and supportive to one's allies. To give them a reason to come back home.

Aurelia decides that she doesn't like tea very much anymore, that traitors breed further lies and contention, and nothing here will lead to anymore accomplishment.

She licks her lips, which feel parched from her unease. "Well, I know you're a busy woman, and if that's all you want to tell me," she shifts in her seat, shutting the book closed with a gentle slap of its leatherbound pages, "I won't take up anymore of your time. Thank you, Maeve. I know you and I have had our... I know I've made mistakes," she quickly corrects herself, looking up at the dark-haired woman with a grim earnesty, "and I know things... should've been different. In many ways. But if you ever think of anything else, or if you're ever in need of help, please come and find me." An olive branch extended, regardless of the things that have passed, because they don't truly know the things that may come of all this. Or at the very least, it's a sign that she does not wish to be this woman's enemy, and she never did.
Aurelia

Messages In This Thread
RE: okay i'll admit that i really don't understand - by Aurelia - 06-02-2021, 05:51 AM