okay i'll admit that i really don't understand
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 27 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

Maeve watches as she turns the words over in her head and while Aurelia might usually be good at keeping those inner musings off of her face, the silence is telling and Maeve quickly picks up that the woman before her has her doubts. "I realize some of that might sound contradicting. That I don't know her very well, but would bother to seek her out after the event. I suppose I wanted to let her know that I'd tried to help with her companion, but also to find answers myself for what had happened. Sunjata told me why she left, but we didn't discuss it in great detail." She explains evenly, not letting her voice give too much away even as it dips into something softer, an almost demure expression crossing her features.

"This isn't exactly pressing to the investigation, but I don't want you to think that I'm keeping anything from you." Maeve starts, tucking a stray curl behind he ear as she dips her chin slightly, "In exchange for the pendants I offered a night of my services. I didn't learn much about her personally, but there was involvement. I- I'm not trying to protect her by any means, Aurelia. Believe me when I say that I don't want to interfere with the investigation." There is a clear sincerity in her voice and whether or not Aurelia believes her is something else entirely, but right now, it is clear that she's not lying. At least not about this. "I just didn't think that information was... entirely relevant. I really didn't know she was here or what she was planning. It wasn't until after the fact that I found that out."

Maeve isn't expecting an apology from the other woman and it takes her by surprise, brows knitting together as a faint flush rises to her cheeks. She clears her throat, offering her a small smile, "For what it's worth, I don't regret that day together. I regret how it went, but I can see how my acceptance for such things might have been too much for you." She murmurs, peeking up at her from beneath her lashes, trying to soothe whatever remaining tension lingers between them. "If I find anything else out, I'll be sure to tell you. Thank you for the offer as well. I'll keep that in mind."
If you're a lover, you should know
The lonely moments just get lonelier

Messages In This Thread
RE: okay i'll admit that i really don't understand - by Maeve - 06-02-2021, 09:24 PM