okay i'll admit that i really don't understand
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Age: 29 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Away
Change author:
MP: 630
but the thing is, even if i could go back, i wouldn't belong there anymore
Aurelia takes it all in, the afterthoughts, the seemingly 'unimporant' details, the defense. She nods slowly when Maeve is finished with the load of information, swallowing it all down, trying to commit it to memory. The journal in her hands opens a few times to make more pressing notes, though it's held in such a way that Maeve won't be able to see them. "Relevant or not, anything you know or thought you knew about Hotaru can be helpful. Something is better than nothing..." she sighs, and soon bites her tongue as Maeve seems to want to shift the conversation. Her journal is tucked away because she doesn't wish to press further about the investigation and it feels as though she's gathered enough information to at least... well, she's not entirely sure. It will require some ruminating but, it's enough.

There's no regret on Maeve's part, which serves some bit of relief. Aurelia doesn't know why it does at first. But it's because she thought that surely Maeve was angry, upset, bitter. She thought that her own actions would have soiled everything, not just those last moments.

Maeve peers up at her and her gaze is immediately drawn to those dark, lengthy lashes. Her heart caves a little bit and, yet, a stubborn frown pulls down the corners of her lips. "I still value what we shared, even if it was just for a moment. You gave me something rare and I won't pretend you didn't. But... that's all it was; a moment."

"You saw what I did to Hotaru's companion. Now that you've seen it for yourself, can you really tell me that you'd still accept me for everything I've done? Because who you saw that night... is who I really am," she tilts her head slightly and her gaze hardens, "You can't possibly be able to look at me the same after that, and you can't tell me otherwise. I'm not a fool," her bottom lip curls over her teeth bitterly. It hurts to say words that feel so packed with harsh venom, but she knows it's the truth.
Aurelia

Messages In This Thread
RE: okay i'll admit that i really don't understand - by Aurelia - 06-05-2021, 06:42 AM