okay i'll admit that i really don't understand
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 27 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

They shift away from talk of the fire and Hotaru, instead turning their attention to the short time they spent together and how quickly that all fell apart. Maeve draws her bottom lip between her teeth, a nervous habit she's never really been able to break, listening to the words that fall from the other woman's lips. She wasn't looking for a fight. She didn't even think that Aurelia would push the topic further. Part of her was hoping that she wouldn't, letting sleeping dogs lie and all that, but that would have been too easy.

"Just because something only lasts a moment doesn't mean it's any less important. Any less special." Maeve murmurs, eyes dipping down to the frown that pulls on plush lips, trying hard not to remember the feeling of them on her skin. It was easier before when she wasn't face to face with her, but now sensations from that day come rushing back to her, creating a fluttering in her belly that she wasn't prepared for.

A breath pushes past her lips as her eyes lift back to Aurelia, sea glass gaze growing a touch darker as the conversation wears on, but a sadness swirls in those depths as she holds the other woman's stare. "I won't lie and say that I don't struggle with understanding why you did it. It's difficult to see you as that and as the woman who shared my bed. Who offered me protection." Maeve offers eyes softly, reaching up to tuck a stray curl behind her ear as she considers her words, sifting through the venom that coats Aurelia's own argument as she tries her best to see the words for what they are. "No, Aurelia, I can't look at you the same. I won't pretend that I'm not sheltered against those things. I've never had to kill or fight before. My first instinct is to help instead of harm. Of course I'm going to struggle to accept that is sometimes the only option."

Maeve pauses, leaning forward a touch as she holds the other woman's stare, a sincerity in her eyes, "But that doesn't mean I don't understand. Do I think that you're only that person all I saw that night? No, I don't because the Aurelia that I met and was beginning to know was more than just a killer."
If you're a lover, you should know
The lonely moments just get lonelier

Messages In This Thread
RE: okay i'll admit that i really don't understand - by Maeve - 06-05-2021, 04:35 PM