okay i'll admit that i really don't understand
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 27 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

"I know. It was one of the things you told me that day. I know that isn't what you want. That it isn't the choice you want to make, but you will if you have to." There is an understanding swirling in her eyes, giving away that she isn't so naïve to think that Aurelia only wants to cause harm. She knows that isn't the case. From the very beginning it was clear that Aurelia was a protector and she would do what she had to in order to keep those she cared about safe. She was willing to make the hard choices and that was more than Maeve could say for some people. "I wouldn't expect you to. Someone has to be willing to fight for this place and Sunjata knew you would be willing."

Maeve doesn't know what it is that pulls her out of her seat, urging her to circle the small desk that's set up slowly until she's standing in front of the other woman. Gently she reaches forward, fingers sliding along her jaw until she's cupping her cheek as she leans into her space, eyes searching Aurelia's. It's odd, seeing the similarities in the features of her new face and the one that she used to have, but the feeling is the same. There is a still a rush and swoop in her belly, a fluttering of her pulse, and a quickening of her breath. Maeve licks her lips, thumb brushing gently across her cheek, "You've never just been your darkest moments to me. I always knew there was more to you. I'd be blind not to see it." She murmurs, a small smile curling on her lips as she gazes at her through thick lashes, pulse seeming to drown out the sound of distant waves.

"I missed you when you left, Aurelia. There was so much that I wanted... I wanted you even though your words hurt me. A part of me still wants you and I think a part of you still wants me even though we know it would likely not work." Her voice drops into something barely above a whisper, this confession meant only for the woman sitting in the chair before her. Maeve doesn't know how they got here. This wasn't how she saw things going, but she can't help wondering if they could have been more. If they had the chance to grow. So many lost opportunities that they would never explore.
If you're a lover, you should know
The lonely moments just get lonelier

Messages In This Thread
RE: okay i'll admit that i really don't understand - by Maeve - 06-06-2021, 02:14 AM