you bleed just to know you're alive
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 4 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 57 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9347
my darling can you hear it? something's lurking in the leaves
I can feel its preying eyes on us from somewhere in the trees
For a moment she hesitates, reluctant to drag the young woman into her own mire of troubles, but the hand that lays across the table is taken up all the same. Hotaru’s skin is cold and slightly clammy, and she winces at the sensation. It’s an inevitable side effect though she hates it all the same. Her other hand is drawn inexorably to the kitten’s starlit fur, rubbing her fingers underneath its tiny jaw and behind pricked ears. Admittedly it goes a long way to soothing her frazzled nerves long before Seren speaks.

Words lodge in her throat, and so she squeezes Seren’s hand in silent appreciation. The din of the other patrons is mere background noise as Ru focuses on the otherworldly surety in the girl’s voice. The question isn’t unexpected - almost anyone would ask it if they were kind enough - but she’s at a loss as to what to say. How much to reveal. But the words burn in her throat, begging to be let out, to tell somebody. Even if Seren is young and should remain unburdened by such realities of life.

“I lost my companion recently. Someone murdered him. I failed to protect him when he was doing nothing wrong.” Even now she is careful with her words, but it’s true at its core, and a grief that she cannot escape. “And I...I went to Frey, with someone I scarcely knew but whose presence meant the world to me. And when Frey Attuned me, we...and I...” there’s no embarrassment regarding the actions, but she is reluctant to talk so plainly of sex to the young girl. Her eyes drop from Seren’s piercing blues to her plate. “I think I’m pregnant. I’ve lost so many of my children before, and I’m tasked by the Gods with something dangerous that I can’t avoid.” For Deimos’ sake if nothing else, and precisely why she cannot breathe a word of this to him. He would refuse to allow her at his side, and it is the only way she can fix what has been done. “I’m scared to lose them before I ever meet them. Without even considering all the other intricacies of their existence.” Such as Remi being married and gay, and someone she feels quite an intriguing platonic kinship for.
my dear don't let it catch you - all that's left to do is run
Hotaru
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.

Messages In This Thread
you bleed just to know you're alive - by Seren - 06-07-2021, 12:01 AM
RE: you bleed just to know you're alive - by Hotaru - 06-07-2021, 06:42 PM