Nights out in Babylon
For Frey!
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 26 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Zombeikid Offline
Change author:
MP: 630
LOCKE

This is one of the few places in Torchline he’s never really been to. A few times as a child, leaving little trinkets with his mother but he was too little to understand the weight or meaning they may have. It wasn’t that he didn’t like the gods so much as he felt so small, so insignificant to them. Why would they care about someone like him. But here he was, the little box containing the pie he’d made tucked under one hand and a floral arrangement he’d made with Maeve in the other. The Zhenniao feathers he’d gather with Melita are tucked into the flowers too. He hadn’t known what to do with them but this felt right.

He stands in front of the shrine, watching dazzling colors reflect a rainbow of color off the stones. It’s almost hypnotic and he wishes he was on something. But no, it's just anxiety that laces his blood. He sets the offerings down, carefully opening the box to pull out the pie. It’s a peach and cream pie. Get it?  He thought it was funny at the time. The flowers were grown in the garden of the Halenani. They’re golds and oranges, colors of the Torchline sunset, to accent the green of the the Zhenniao feathers.

Locke kneels down slowly, taking comfort in the way the warm water swirls around his legs, letting it ebb into his body and trying to calm himself. One hand comes up to fiddle with his necklace, one of the few true tells that he’s nervous. ”Frey. I-” He takes a shaky breath, eyes fluttering shut as he tries to figure out the right words to say. Why is this always so hard? He has a feeling he can’t get away with lying to a god though. ”I know things are going to go to shit soon.. I don’t feel ready though.” How do you articulate a gut feeling to someone?

”I don’t exactly know what I’m asking for but I want to be different.” His face twists in confusion as he shakes his head. ”No. I want to be stronger. I’ve got things I want to protect. I saw Sunjata shift.. The power that he has. I don’t know how to get there though.” It’s unpredictability of channeling that scares him, really. "I don't know what else to do so here I am.."

___

Locke is here to (hopefully) attune! He's praying to (nature) Frey! He brought them a peaches and cream pie along with a flower bouquet with Zhenniao feathers tucked into it.
I wanna make up my mind
But I don't know myself

Messages In This Thread
Nights out in Babylon - by Locke - 06-08-2021, 09:34 PM
RE: Nights out in Babylon - by Frey - 06-09-2021, 08:33 PM
RE: Nights out in Babylon - by Locke - 06-09-2021, 10:48 PM
RE: Nights out in Babylon - by Frey - 06-11-2021, 06:35 PM
RE: Nights out in Babylon - by Locke - 06-12-2021, 12:58 PM
RE: Nights out in Babylon - by Frey - 06-12-2021, 08:57 PM
RE: Nights out in Babylon - by Locke - 06-12-2021, 09:25 PM
RE: Nights out in Babylon - by Frey - 06-12-2021, 09:50 PM
RE: Nights out in Babylon - by Locke - 06-12-2021, 10:31 PM