[Open] to see what it means to be free
Open thread
Mabel Occidendum

Age: 23 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 3 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 16 - Luck: 16 - Int:
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Come sit right here and sleep while I slip poison in your ear
The urge to smirk at his flinch was strong, but only because she rarely scared people. Instead, her head tilted in an enigmatic twist, watching with her sharp eyes as Samuel seemed to settle into whatever explanation heralded the crackling of fire. “Oh,” she murmured, quiet, when he motioned to nothing bad, nothing untoward, nothing dangerous or infernal - cleaning out the void of his home.

Her gaze went to the frame, the scrolls, the parchments, and wondered if that was what she should’ve done with all of her family’s artifacts. Instead of leaving it like a ruin, like a tomb, resting there in its space, dust, and nothingness. But listening to the pop, the sizzle, and knowing everything would be gone; Mabel didn’t think she’d be able to bear it. Perhaps he was stronger for it then, capable of moving onwards and forwards, while she stayed tucked back in her ashes.

Without any seditious efforts present, the younger Ascended figured it’d be best to escape via the darkness and linger elsewhere; not expecting the invitation. Her gaze rounded, widened substantially, for she and Samuel did not know one another well at all, and paused, considered. Eventually, her bare feet glided over stone and ruin, settling herself near the wall, drawing her knees up towards her chest – narrowing her gaze at the fire as if it might leap out anyway. “I still have all of my families’ things,” she offered, bluntly. “How did you decide to…,” and her hands motioned towards the flames when she couldn't say it: make them into a maelstrom and do away with them?
MABEL

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Open] to see what it means to be free - by Mabel - 06-15-2021, 10:25 AM