[Open] to see what it means to be free
Open thread
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 35 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
You know I still like you the most
The best of the best
Mabel seemed for a moment like she might run away; Sam wondered if she had the same problems he did, if social interaction felt like the monumental battle for her that it did for him. Perhaps, but ironically because of that very characteristic, he didn't ask about it.

They sat and watched the fire until she asked her question. He supposed from an outside perspective it probably did look harsh, all of his families life dumped out onto a pile and burnt, memories turning to smoke; he hadn't thought of it like that. "Well, it's not everything. There's still plenty back at my house. This is just the things that had been in cupboards for years." He still had all kinds of mementos and knick knacks; the Wordsworths had never been shy of collecting a lot of things.

"But also, I never had a good relationship with them. All these things...they aren't nice memories. They're unpleasant reminders." He waved towards the flames licking over the nearly-unrecognisable portrait of his parents. "If you loved your family, maybe it's better to keep ahold of things."
and the worst of the worst
You'll always be my favorite ghost
SAMuEL
Base Code by Sky!

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Open] to see what it means to be free - by Samuel - 06-15-2021, 07:08 PM