[Open] to see what it means to be free
Open thread
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 35 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
You know I still like you the most
The best of the best
"...Then you wait a little bit, and try again. I didn't speak to the Voice for years after I ascended, and I would pray every month. It takes time and sometimes the Gods are busy. You just have to keep trying. I know...it's hard. I don't like to feel like I'm a bother. But it's the only way to be heard." To keep throwing yourself at the shrines over and over until one day, she deigned you worthy of an audience. "I've heard the Voice answers our calls a lot more than the Old Gods answer people, at least." He didn't know if that was true, but it sounded comforting.

The blunt and savage nature of the crime and it's telling gave Sam pause too. All he could say was a soft 'oh', not knowing any likely culprits and not having anything to say that would make it better. He felt a deep sympathy for her though and that was what made him hesitate before thinking her a bad person for her final statement. That kind of bloodlust he didn't often see in his fellow Ascended. Maybe it was a good thing, given coming events, but it still made him uneasy.

Nodding, looking down at the ground, he quietly added: "Hopefully, we will get through this with as few people dead as possible. A lot of them are innocent and pulled along with it all...but...those that have done us wrong, hopefully, will see justice."
and the worst of the worst
You'll always be my favorite ghost
SAMuEL
Base Code by Sky!

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Open] to see what it means to be free - by Samuel - 06-28-2021, 07:04 PM