damnation at a full sprint
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Age: 29 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Away
Change author:
MP: 630
Aurelia
'cause not everything means something, honey
so say the unsayable, say the most human things
As he brings them back up to the office, crumbling apart as it is, she feels a sigh of relief. Something about being back here is strangely comforting and jarring all at the same time. The last time they'd been in this room together, it had been to ask for his guidance, new to this world as she was. It had been the beginning of a beautiful friendship, it had given her the determination to make something of her time here. However long that might be.

As she gently jumps down from his shoulder and shifts back to herself, she longs for that moment again. At least there was hope. They stand here together still but, they're in no better state than this room is now.

She nibbles on her lip thoughtfully, gazing at the wall across from them, past Sunjata, not quite looking at him. She tries to take it all in, the fact that Hotaru had stabbed him, chose to leave. She knew the last part, knew from when Sunjata had been in shambles because her and Nate were both gone. She'd felt the betrayal for him then, and she feels for him now too.

His thanks is met with understanding silence, though he won't feel it as vividly now. She rests a hand on his shoulder as if the connection might survive through it. Her gaze turns back to him gently, unafraid of his tears or his clenched jaw or his visible sorrow. "I'm sorry, I really am," she whispers. Her words are all the more haunted by the deathly stillness of the room.

"Yes... of course I did," she says with quiet earnest, "I did everything that I thought I could, short of... hunting Hotaru down myself. I'm... not strong enough for that, even if I wanted to," her voice dips with the regret in her admittance. She wishes she was. Maybe things could've been a lot different, then.

At this, she pulls in a deeper breath and lets her hand fall away so that she might go into detail about everything that she'd done in the aftermath. From talking to Jack, and the fact that she'd no longer be apart of the smugglers - at least not so closely or directly. There's a hint that they might be able to work together for one another's benefit, but she's not even sure of that at this point.

Then there's the investigative parts, the argument with Seren that led to her eventual admittance of Maeve knowing who the Unicorn belonged to - and attempting to protect Hotaru by trying to make her swear to secrecy. She raggedly explains how Maeve had been a bit of a dead end, with no new information gained aside from the potential for a more personal connection going on between her and Hotaru.

She also doesn't forget to mention Adam, how he'd been left with nothing and would probably appreciate talking to Sunjata. To her understanding, they're friends.

With all of that said, she adds that once she had put the pieces together, she sent a letter informing Morgan of everything as well - and her suspicions of Hotaru. "I'm sure she'll be expecting you," because there's not a doubt in Aurelia's mind that Sunjata will see this through, "I can stay here when you go, continue to keep an eye on things. Or... wherever you need me. I am hoping to repair the jail and make it operational again." There's a hint in her tone that indicates it's because of all this.

"I've been trying to keep things together, doing every little thing I can think of. I've even recruited some citizens and traders, who will be ready to help rebuild the Slagveld or supply materials whenever you're ready for them," she hopes that will ease some of the load, at least.

Sighing, she swallows down hard and lets it all sink in for him, awaiting his words.
if everything is temporary
I will bear the unbearable

Messages In This Thread
damnation at a full sprint - by Sunjata - 06-10-2021, 07:03 PM
RE: damnation at a full sprint - by Aurelia - 06-10-2021, 08:13 PM
RE: damnation at a full sprint - by Sunjata - 06-10-2021, 08:58 PM
RE: damnation at a full sprint - by Aurelia - 06-10-2021, 09:45 PM
RE: damnation at a full sprint - by Sunjata - 06-10-2021, 09:53 PM
RE: damnation at a full sprint - by Aurelia - 06-10-2021, 10:20 PM
RE: damnation at a full sprint - by Sunjata - 06-10-2021, 10:30 PM
RE: damnation at a full sprint - by Aurelia - 06-10-2021, 10:58 PM
RE: damnation at a full sprint - by Sunjata - 06-11-2021, 12:32 AM