[seasonal event] one red thread
Lily Balfour
Entertainer

Age: 34 | Height: 5'9'' | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: N/A - Strg: 16 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
lily
from what i’ve tasted of desire
i hold with those who favor fire
It seems pretty important that they keep the Luxere around for protection during LongNight; Lily knows she’s no fighter and would be monster meat in a heartbeat if she - they? Is this a colony effort, an individual effort - doesn’t succeed. Despite this very sobering thought, the redhead feels more like she’s up to the challenge rather than shrinking from it. The days are shorter now, so she wastes no time in bundling up and setting out, a brisk, lively tune in her heart just waiting to burst forth.

Out to the Fields she goes again, hoping for better luck than when she was with Phoebe. Her offerings this time are even more meager (guess the Church of Safrin has fallen on hard times), but she hopes her singing will more than make up for it. As she clears the apple trees where they encountered the red Luxere, she begins to sing.

“Ye banks and braes o’ bonnie Doon,
How can ye bloom sae fresh and fair?
How can ye chant, ye little birds,
And I sae weary, fu o’ care?...”

She doesn’t see Rexanna until she’s halfway through the first verse, and by then, well, they’ve likely already heard her. Oh well. Time for performer mode.

this tune, roughly. except not as polished/classical.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXagkNBl9Bg

Messages In This Thread
[seasonal event] one red thread - by Rexanna - 02-05-2019, 08:04 PM
RE: [seasonal event] one red thread - by Lily - 02-09-2019, 11:05 AM
RE: [seasonal event] one red thread - by Rexanna - 02-11-2019, 02:01 AM
RE: [seasonal event] one red thread - by Lily - 02-15-2019, 09:00 PM
RE: [seasonal event] one red thread - by Rexanna - 02-16-2019, 12:41 AM