a star when dimmed by dawning light
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 4 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 57 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9347

Hotaru
nothing's fair in love and war
She winces almost imperceptibly at the rebuke she can feel from his side of the bond. Her arms come to cradle her belly, self-soothing. Apology and regret ebbs and flows from her own side, sincere in a way that can’t be faked. He is not the target of her frustration and anxiety, only the unfortunate bystander.

While he paces, she stands rooted in the entryway, certain she’ll shift unintentionally if she takes so much as a step. “I can figure it out,” is her stalwart rebuttal, stubborn and unyielding as her chin hikes higher. The spirit may have denied her, but that won’t stop her. Whether it means waiting or adapting their plans doesn’t matter. Hotaru will not forsake their goals because of this.

She sighs, and her tense shoulders sink at his disbelief. It’s not that she doesn’t understand. “This is what I’m made for. Duplicity, the danger of walking the line. I had to quickly weigh the costs; keeping Morgan out of it was more important.” In fact it is her top priority, for her own sake as well as Deimos’. “They have a singular witness, and little else. It wasn’t even enough to convince Morgan - she agreed if they try, she will call me back as Warden, and defend my side of the story.” Hotaru had done so intentionally, using the political ties to keep her from being trapped in Torchline in any way, far from her brother’s side. And while he may hate that she has done this, her mind is already steps ahead. This is what she is built to do. It’s who she is. “Even if I thought it was what they wanted, I wouldn’t let myself be trapped.” It’s the best safeguard she can promise him - hung on Morgan, yes, but a guaranteed escape nonetheless.
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.

Messages In This Thread
a star when dimmed by dawning light - by Hotaru - 06-15-2021, 07:02 PM
RE: a star when dimmed by dawning light - by Hotaru - 06-15-2021, 10:26 PM