why the most dangerous thing is to love
for Isla
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 30 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 27 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 201
Isla

"I am sure you are more than just a weapon, Wessex," Isla says with a kind smile, though the medic can admit that they all have their strengths. Bastien is a better diplomat, Isla has a better bedside manner, and Wessex, as it happens, is a better weapon than the rest of them. And as the conversation takes a turn so does Isla's smile, turning sad, though she shakes her head to Wessex. "It's hardly your fault," she murmurs. "I imagine these conversations aren't something to look forward to."

Where does she stand, though? "I am not a soldier," she says, "and I detest the idea of a war. I will never go looking for blood. But I have been in wars before, as a field medic. And if a fight lands on my doorstep, I will be there to patch up soldiers as best I can, as I always have." Will Isla fight in the literal sense? No. Will Isla fight, to keep others safe and to keep them on their feet? Yes.

But none of that really helps when it comes to Remi. On the contrary, though - Isla is full aware of what she is to the Lullaby that haunts the Hollowed Grounds. "I know," she says softly, easily. "He told me when I first came back. But there's a difference between can and will. I can kill Remi, because he wouldn't fight me. And I won't kill Remi, because I love him."
sooner or later, we all have to wake
and try forgetting everything

Messages In This Thread
RE: why the most dangerous thing is to love - by Isla - 06-22-2021, 06:57 PM