why the most dangerous thing is to love
for Isla
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
you wouldn't even recognize me anymore
not that you knew me back then
“No, it won’t. Not when the Gods themselves want this war and egg it on. We can only do our best to prepare.” And how she hates them sometimes, even the Voice, even with everything the Goddess has done for her. Is it better, this ‘freedom’ if it comes at such a cost? Wessex would still be the first in line to throw a middle finger (and a knife) at the heralds, but if someone had told her that bringing down the barrier would do this to the world, she might - might - have chosen differently. Big maybe there.

“Maybe the next quest should be to make the Grounds’ buildings fire-proof. So nothing like that can happen again.” And more importantly, so its highly-flammable inhabitants won’t be at the mercy of fire-breathing dragons and torches and angry Sparkbirds. “But that’ll be your call, I think.”

Which is to say that Wessex accepts Isla’s word for now. Not standing in the way isn’t the same as helping; it isn’t ideal, but maybe as time goes on, she’ll see the light. Sam had taken a long time to come ‘round, but there is progress…

“Do you have any questions for me?”
but it all comes back to me in the end
WESSEX

Messages In This Thread
RE: why the most dangerous thing is to love - by Wessex - 06-22-2021, 08:51 PM