God Quest desperate people find faith
For Safrin
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 27 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
"What a shame she's fucked in the head," they said.
Maeve knows this too. They had been given a chance, a gift, to move through the war with little else to worry about other than surviving. Whether or not Maeve was retelling things to cater to Safrin didn't matter because the point still stood. Safrin had made a deal with Sunjata. A good one. It would have been so simple and easy. "I just don't understand why Nate would throw it away. Why Sunjata would let him." She sighs softly, unaware that Nate had already been turned into a demigod at the time the deal was made, but that wasn't for her to worry about. Safrin had given them a way out and they let it get away from them.

She blinks, eyes going wide as she shakes her head, brows drawing together in concern. "I didn't know that. Seren told me that the portals were dangerous and that I should stop using them... I didn't know that she could gather information about us when we did go through them." Maeve confesses, bottom lip back between her teeth as she looks up at the herald from beneath her lashes, a faint flush on her cheeks. "She could do a lot of damage if that were to happen." What would the Voice even attempt? Maeve can't fathom it, but she doesn't want to see if come to fruition either way.

Unable to help herself, Maeve leans into her touch lightly, lips pressing into a thin line of concentration. "I thought before that Sunjata was doing a good job, but now... A lot of people consider Jack the unofficial governor of Torchline, but I don't know that he's aligned with a specific herald. I don't know if he could really be trusted in the official position. There isn't anyone else that comes to mind." Except herself, but could she even manage it? Is that what she wanted? She knew that she would be more than happy to carry out what Safrin wished, to keep Torchline safe, unwilling to let them suffer in a conflict that will be unavoidable. Maeve falls quiet for a moment, dropping her gaze to her hands in her lap, taking a deep breath. "I've been thinking about what I want since we last spoke... I don't just want to be the Madame of the Halenani. I want more than that, but governor? I'm not sure I'd be the best fit. Seems silly to think about, no? Former whore turned governor." She huffs a soft laugh, shaking her head before flicking her eyes back up to the herald.
Maeve

Messages In This Thread
desperate people find faith - by Maeve - 06-19-2021, 08:33 PM
RE: desperate people find faith - by Safrin - 06-19-2021, 08:48 PM
RE: desperate people find faith - by Maeve - 06-19-2021, 09:32 PM
RE: desperate people find faith - by Safrin - 06-19-2021, 09:44 PM
RE: desperate people find faith - by Maeve - 06-19-2021, 10:12 PM
RE: desperate people find faith - by Safrin - 06-21-2021, 02:42 PM
RE: desperate people find faith - by Maeve - 06-21-2021, 03:06 PM
RE: desperate people find faith - by Safrin - 06-21-2021, 03:26 PM
RE: desperate people find faith - by Maeve - 06-21-2021, 03:45 PM
RE: desperate people find faith - by Safrin - 06-21-2021, 04:33 PM