pulled beneath the waves
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 4 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 57 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9347
HOTARU
“That’s not proof of arson, it was a mistake. One I admitted to willingly. I’m cooperating, but that isn’t enough.” Her voice is defeated. Tired. Emotionally she is already wrung dry from Nate’s questioning.

There’s no point in commenting about Safrin. They’d already had that particular fight way back when. What else is there to say?

Turning away further she rests her temple against the wall and closes her eyes. The idea of Deimos cooperating with them at all is laughable, but she won’t be the one to stand in their way if they feel they want to try.

“When have I ever shown my fear to you Sunjata? You think strangers would get a free pass?” Each word is dead and dry. It doesn’t matter. None of it matters. Sunjata wants a monster more than an impartial trial. He always has, always wanting someone to blame. “I didn't say that. I said the fire hadn’t started when I arrived. When I made it to the next floor, he’d already used his magic. And then Atlas was stabbed, and I was clinging to him. By the time I could talk the stairwell was no longer an option. I already told you that Atlas’ pain made things hard to recount.” Not that he would care. He still somehow thought fucking Lusea was the equivalent of a soul-bonded companion. His mind was too narrow, too focused on his own pathetic pain to consider that maybe someone else might have it worse. “Why don’t you ask your Arbiter how long it took from her arrival to Atlas’ death?” A dark scoff leaves her and her arms tighten around herself, turning her back to Sunjata. “Oh wait, but that would involve actually running a fair trial. Why not ask her why she didn’t try and stop the fire with her magic instead of killing my soulmate? Or confirm how quickly it spread, magically started and sustained as it was? Just because you don’t have magic of your own doesn’t mean you can pretend it isn’t stronger than a natural fire. If she remains free, clearly her innocence is already secured; surely your time would be better spent talking to her than me.” She sure wouldn’t hold her breath though. This is all personal, and Hotaru is simply biding her time with gritted teeth. “Unless you have more questions about the actual fire, I don’t see the point in continuing this charade.” Refusing to even turn his way at this point. Completely walled off as if physically protecting her heart.
it's our nature, we destroy
it's the constant of our kind
no matter the color of blood, man will always fall
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.

Messages In This Thread
pulled beneath the waves - by Hotaru - 06-21-2021, 09:35 PM
RE: pulled beneath the waves - by Sunjata - 06-21-2021, 10:58 PM
RE: pulled beneath the waves - by Hotaru - 06-21-2021, 11:07 PM
RE: pulled beneath the waves - by Sunjata - 06-22-2021, 05:43 AM
RE: pulled beneath the waves - by Hotaru - 06-22-2021, 11:05 PM
RE: pulled beneath the waves - by Sunjata - 06-23-2021, 09:10 PM
RE: pulled beneath the waves - by Hotaru - 06-23-2021, 09:44 PM
RE: pulled beneath the waves - by Sunjata - 06-24-2021, 05:40 AM
RE: pulled beneath the waves - by Hotaru - 06-24-2021, 06:04 AM
RE: pulled beneath the waves - by Sunjata - 06-24-2021, 06:42 AM
RE: pulled beneath the waves - by Hotaru - 06-24-2021, 07:01 AM