ashes to ashes
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Age: 29 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Away
Change author:
MP: 630
Aurelia

Aurelia's elbows rest against her knees as Hotaru turns to look at her, and that coldness in her eyes receives nothing more than an unimpressed blink. Where Hotaru could needle away at Sunjata and Nate's wits, plucking at their strings - whether it were to no avail - Aurelia feels nothing for the snake that lies curled up in her cell. Nothing but a strong urge to cut its head from its spine.

Anger builds in her chest just at the sight of Hotaru, the emotion manifesting in a subtle inhale. Teeth? I would rip you apart with my bare hands, Aurelia wants to say, and the words linger on her lips with a fierceness that has them twitching.

"You know my name," she corrects quietly.

For Aurelia, Hotaru is no longer simply Hotaru. She is a manifestation of everything wrong with the world, and if you'd like to narrow it down... she's a manifestation of the one that took Aurelia's father's life. In a way, this makes Hotaru all the more powerful, because without that emphasis... she would seem so very shallow. Unimportant but for the fact that she has a clearcut agenda for destructive vengeance. No, Hotaru is just another snake in the pit. It's the pit itself that is the problem.

Her words mean little, their merits garbled and strangled by Aurelia's conviction even as she hurls them at her with ill-placed confidence. Aurelia moves to stand too, though her motions lack the distinct need to overcompensate for a lowly position.

She's unfettered by the accusation. She is a murderer, it's true, regardless of what she wishes she were instead. She takes a seat afterwards, breathes in quietly, and stares across at Hotaru. "I appreciate your cooperation," she states.

"I'm not going to ask you to start from the beginning. I've read your statement already. So... we'll take a closer look at what happened, but first..." her jaw works a bit harder as she mulls over something. Then, she continues, "in your statement, you said that you came to Torchline with Deimos. You both got drunk at the Hanged Man, where you told him of the Devil's Advocates and what they were, who was in charge of them, so on. He left shortly after, and then you realized where he must have gone. And you rushed to stop him. Does this all sound correct?" She pauses to give Hotaru a chance to answer and add anything on as she saw fit.

"So what is Deimos to you? A friend? Family? What's the... history between you two, if you don't mind my asking?"
standing in the ashes of who I used to be

Messages In This Thread
ashes to ashes - by Aurelia - 06-21-2021, 11:56 PM
RE: ashes to ashes - by Hotaru - 06-22-2021, 01:05 AM
RE: ashes to ashes - by Aurelia - 06-22-2021, 01:57 AM
RE: ashes to ashes - by Hotaru - 06-22-2021, 10:56 PM
RE: ashes to ashes - by Aurelia - 06-22-2021, 11:42 PM
RE: ashes to ashes - by Hotaru - 06-23-2021, 01:20 AM
RE: ashes to ashes - by Aurelia - 06-23-2021, 01:37 AM
RE: ashes to ashes - by Hotaru - 06-23-2021, 09:57 PM
RE: ashes to ashes - by Aurelia - 06-24-2021, 09:44 AM
RE: ashes to ashes - by Hotaru - 06-24-2021, 04:26 PM