ashes to ashes
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 4 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 57 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 7847
Honey, these arms that once held you are ready to fight
Gods, they can’t help but twist her words can they? Hotaru exhales slowly, bringing a hand to rub her tired eyes.

“For having written it down, you’re only focusing on half of everything I said.” Dropping her hand back to her lap she stares at the woman, tired but unblinking. Undaunted by the assumptions and attempts at loopholes. “I said that Deimos wouldn’t turn my own night of venting into a talk about his own emotions. Even you must see that’s a social faux pas, even for best friends.” Or perhaps selfishness is simply her way of life. Hotaru doesn’t know the woman at all. “I also said that while I dislike being drunk, I had plenty of reason to get to that point - and in fact had planned ahead of time to get past tipsy for once, but I only told Deimos that so the point is moot.” More truth. None of this so far has been a lie, which makes it all the more exasperating that they refuse to so much as listen. The least they could do is pretend.

“You also said ‘instead of’ which, no. I did drink. I got drunk. We talked about magic and the Advocates. Are you following now?” It’s a Herculean effort not to roll her eyes. How much must she dumb this down? “And I keep saying I’m not innocent until I’m practically blue in the face, but you’ve yet to listen. I’m accepting blame for betraying the Guild. However no, I did not set the fire.” The woman’s dramatics won’t change that answer.

“Why don’t you tell me? Circumstances have been crazier in Caido, and yet the bitterness of my ex-husbands paints me as a black-and-white criminal. I came because I knew my presence there must seem suspicious, but I wasn’t going to hide away in fear and be assumed guilty. Giving my side of the story is all I can do at the end of the day.” Uncrossing her legs Hotaru sighs and cracks her neck. She is utterly done with this dog and pony show. “And now that I’ve spoken to all three of you, I would like to send a missive to my Warden and her council. You’ve yet to produce a witness, I am quite pregnant, and I will not be staying here for a week. I’ve already given you extra days to interrogate me. I have cooperated at every single turn. And Morgan can be held responsible for ensuring I’m not a flight risk, as Nate seems to think I am - which is similarly ridiculous since I came here willingly.” And where would she run to, if she ran at all? Halo is her home and she will not abandon it. “This is the worst farce of a trial I’ve ever seen, and I’m not going to risk my baby by being put under undue stress.” Because if her baby is harmed, no laws will keep her from killing and burning at will.
HOTARU
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.

Messages In This Thread
ashes to ashes - by Aurelia - 06-21-2021, 11:56 PM
RE: ashes to ashes - by Hotaru - 06-22-2021, 01:05 AM
RE: ashes to ashes - by Aurelia - 06-22-2021, 01:57 AM
RE: ashes to ashes - by Hotaru - 06-22-2021, 10:56 PM
RE: ashes to ashes - by Aurelia - 06-22-2021, 11:42 PM
RE: ashes to ashes - by Hotaru - 06-23-2021, 01:20 AM
RE: ashes to ashes - by Aurelia - 06-23-2021, 01:37 AM
RE: ashes to ashes - by Hotaru - 06-23-2021, 09:57 PM
RE: ashes to ashes - by Aurelia - 06-24-2021, 09:44 AM
RE: ashes to ashes - by Hotaru - 06-24-2021, 04:26 PM
RE: ashes to ashes - by Aurelia - 06-24-2021, 06:44 PM