Key Quest all the triumph overhead, disaster underneath
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 4 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 57 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9347
we are just bodies of the faithful stacked dozens by the roadside
Hotaru cannot keep herself from melting into Noah's embrace when it comes, the strength and surety of his arms around her chasing away the shadows of doubt that linger. The spirit's voice hisses in her head, but she ignores it as well as she can. Eight seasons. It must be done.

Morgan is composed and businesslike as they enter, one after the other. Only when Deimos' voice rumbles in her head does she nod to Morgan's invitation, turning to close the doors for privacy. She does sit, as she is bid, moments after. Even now her feet ache, lower back complaining and hips twinging with the weight of a pregnancy that she is beginning to suspect is alluding to twins. Once seated, Hotaru wraps her arms securely around her belly, both to take the weight off her pelvis and to lay the flat of her forearm across it - her beautiful bracer, ever-present, arcing across the most vulnerable part of her. Her voice fills the room, commanding and eloquent - and equally, a veil to conceal any errant noises.

"It was a disaster of a trial, if they ever intended it to seem like one," she starts, voice steady but fair browns drawn tight. "The first day was spent with them screaming insults at me, overtalking and degrading me regardless of what I said. When I refused to talk about anything but the night of the fire, they held me in a cell and resorted to individual interrogations. I told them I would stay a few days, and a few days only - I didn't see the need for more than that." Even now she doesn't. They could know without a shadow of a doubt that she'd help start it, but unless they gave up their witness, they would not be punishing her. Simple as that. "Each individual one seemed to go worse than the last. They even had their Arbiter interrogate me - the woman that killed Atlas that night - and she came in to immediately mock me." Her hands clench, and she breathes out through her nose slowly to keep her simmering anger at bay. Aurelia herself is little more than a gnat on her radar - meaningless, a child playing god. Vengeance is far from her mind. Not when she has been thinking of ways to convince Ludo to bring Atlas back to her. Not when this has been her primary focus.

"Sunjata only said she would be spoken to. No trial, no punishments. They have no proof against me, no witnesses they would bring forth, and yet they let her not only walk free after killing a companion - they gave her power over me in that room." Fire crackles in the paleness of her irises. This story is for more than just Morgan's ears. Deimos and Noah both had no idea what had transpired since she had been held in Torchline. "Even after all that, they said they would hold me for a week. Refused to let me contact anybody as well." Sighing, the hand without the bracer lifts to pinch the bridge of her nose, exasperated and exhausted in turn.

"Remi came to visit in my dreams, to check on myself and the baby. When he realized what was going on, he transported me to freedom with his magic, and said he would tell Sunjata he'd done it and take responsibility. I came home directly after." Hand dropping back down to cradle her stomach, she opens her eyes to look at Morgan where she leans across the desk. "They can choose to ban me, but I want nothing to do with them or Torchline moving forward. And I won't entertain a punishment I don't deserve." Even if she rightfully does.

Then she stills, and her expression goes pensive. "But something else is on my mind as well. When I arrived back home, I was told of a warning given at the party we were all invited to. One regarding the war. Morgan - where does Halo stand in terms of the Ascended?"

She wonders if the pendant Deimos wears will flare against his skin should the Warden lie.

- - -

- Hotaru closes the doors behind them, and sits in the chair opposite Morgan's desk. She arranges her reflective bracer over her belly, and begins to tell Morgan about her time in Torchline.

Hotaru has all her magical items listed on her profile currently on her:

Type: Dark
Truth Serum | A vial of flavorless truth serum that compels the consumer to tell the truth for the next 5 posts, then slowly wears.

Type: Dark
Ornate Leather Bracers (Upgraded) | The wearer can, at will, redirect both magical and physical attacks. For magical attacks, can redirect them within 10ft. Physical attacks must be within melee range to be directed, and can then be redirected within 10ft.

Type: Light
Hot Springs Water | Water from the Frey’s Breath hot spring. It can heal the user with Mastered healing magic. One use only.

Type: Grey
Leather Jacket | A leather jacket that can reflect basic fire damage away from the wearer. Can be used again after a two post cool-off period. (Made by Deimos)
HOTARU
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.

Messages In This Thread
RE: all the triumph overhead, disaster underneath - by Hotaru - 07-02-2021, 04:32 AM