Key Quest all the triumph overhead, disaster underneath
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Age: 42 | Height: 5' 9" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 6 - Strg: 23 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 22 - Luck: 14 - Int:
EUNIKE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
MORGAN
Some nights, I wish that my lips could build a castle
Some nights, I wish they'd just fall off
Hearing of the trial Hotaru had gone to was troubling, to say the least; Morgan was someone that tried to stay official when possible. That wasn't to say she didn't have her more passionate moments, but if she had promised a trial, she would have tried to deliver a real trial. That Sunjata did not feel the need for the same decorum was troubling. That said, she couldn't trust Hotaru's opinion alone; making a mental note to ask someone else about it later, she for the moment sympathetically nodded along.

"Well. I am sorry to hear it went so poorly and I am glad you have returned to us unharmed. I'm sure it has been stressful, during.." Gesturing to Hotaru's pregnant belly, Morgan gave a light smile. She was about to ask if there was anything she could do to help Hotaru through until her (and after) birth, but then a question came that threw her off.

Not expecting to be asked about the Ascended on the back of what Hotaru had been talking about, she took a moment to process the question, glancing at Noah as he spoke too. She didn't have any reason to not tell them; Morgan had always operated on openness when she could. Placing her hands one over the other on the desk before her, she spoke as eloquently as she could given the sudden nature of the query.

"Well...In so much as my opinion would be Halos, which may not be the case - I have been meaning to hold a meeting to gauge how the people of the Citadel feel - I think many people simplify the issue too much, from their own sides. I would like to keep some kind of neutrality, if possible. The Citadel has benefited from help from Frey and I would not be opposed to further collaborations with Old Gods, however I see no reason to not accept help from the Voice as well. I believe a neutral stance is the fairest and safest for Halo; we have Ascended citizens, and citizens that follow the Old Gods too; I must try to represent both interests."

She sighed. "I know both sides will likely view that neutrality as siding with their opposite, but there is little I can do about that. Always, my first priority is Halo and it's people. I believe most here would agree to wish to stay out of it, but if they people said they particularly felt one way or another, I would take that into consideration. Does that answer your question?"

It was all truthful, all said in the best way she could think of to say it. The laying out of her priorities and thoughts on the desk before her, as simple as she could make it. Morgan looked expectantly at Noah and Hotaru, waiting to see what they thought of her view.

---
Morgan has:

Type: Light
Heat-Cloak | A magical cloak that always keeps the wearer warm.

Type: Grey
Amor Pendant | A pendant that hangs over Morgan’s chest. When pressed, it magically armors her torso down to her hips. (Made by Deimos)

Water manipulation: Can create and control water. Must be within a 30ft radius.
Type: Light | Rank: Mastered

Telekinesis: Can move large objects.
Type: Grey | Rank: Mastered

Earth Manipulation: Can manipulate the earth. Must be within a 5ft radius, control is weak and unstable and requires concentration.
Type: Grey | Rank: Basic

And Eunike is likely nearby, though not in the room.
But I still wake up, I still see your ghost
Oh Lord, I'm still not sure, what I stand for

Messages In This Thread
RE: all the triumph overhead, disaster underneath - by Morgan - 07-03-2021, 10:22 AM