even mountains rise and fall
for Hotatu & Noah
Juniper Dubois
the Amberwing
Diplomat

Age: 57 | Height: 4'8 | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 3 - Strg: 13 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Bees Offline
Change author:
MP: 1749

"Hello," Juniper said, greeting them both. "My name is Juniper Dubois -- I represent the Greatwood."

They might already know that, but she thought it best to say it anyway, to make it abundantly clear that she wasn't here as a private citizen, but as an extension of her home and people. Juniper took the seat Hotaru offered her with a smile, adding, "Thank you for your hospitality."

Then she paused, trying to decide how best to phrase her somewhat awkward purpose. How did you respond to a coup that replaced one of your nominal allies with unknown quantities? On one hand, she didn't want to condone such a transfer of power; on the other, she could hardly avoid acknowledging it, and she didn't want to offend her hosts, either.

She decided to start off simply: "I came here in the hopes of understanding what's happening in Halo."

Leaving that statement open, a chance for Noah and Hotaru to give her whatever account of the coup they wished -- to justify their actions, explain them, give her some indication of how to navigate this -- Juniper added, "The previous Warden and I spoke about the possibility of Halo helping to defend the Greatwood if it were attacked -- we had an agreement to that effect, in fact."

She did not ask if that agreement still stood, not yet.
Juniper

"art nouveau winged fairy" by e³°°° is licensed with CC BY-SA 2.0. To view a copy of this license, visit here

Messages In This Thread
even mountains rise and fall - by Juniper - 07-08-2021, 11:51 PM
RE: even mountains rise and fall - by Noah - 07-10-2021, 09:41 PM
RE: even mountains rise and fall - by Hotaru - 07-14-2021, 03:06 AM
RE: even mountains rise and fall - by Juniper - 07-14-2021, 08:59 PM
RE: even mountains rise and fall - by Noah - 07-17-2021, 04:41 PM
RE: even mountains rise and fall - by Hotaru - 07-22-2021, 07:10 PM
RE: even mountains rise and fall - by Juniper - 07-23-2021, 09:38 PM
RE: even mountains rise and fall - by Noah - 07-29-2021, 09:49 PM
RE: even mountains rise and fall - by Hotaru - 09-05-2021, 05:33 AM
RE: even mountains rise and fall - by Juniper - 09-08-2021, 03:39 PM