under garden and calicos
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Age: 29 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Away
Change author:
MP: 630
Aurelia

Aurelia takes a moment of trepidation as she realizes that, indeed, she had not told Maeve much of her previous world. "Oh," she remarks quietly, humbled a bit. With a soft, gentle half-smile, she says over her shoulder, "remind me never to go to the Greatwood, then." Not that she ever had much reason to go there beyond her own curiosity, anyway, but.. knowing there were such things there definitely made her less inclined to go.

Maeve's comment has Aurelia almost freezing in her motions, knuckles flexing around the handle of the blade she's wielding. Her gaze hardens and darkens, and she side-eyes Maeve quite blatantly. "You might be strong, but that child?" Her brows press together hard, because surely Maeve would not be naive enough to take what she's saying the wrong way. There's a clear waver in her expression and her shoulders shift uncomfortably. She doesn't know why she's so attached and protective of this unborn child, one that isn't hers and never will be. Sadness overwhelms her gaze and she turns it back to the jungles ahead of them, jaw feathering with mild-but-there tension. Perhaps Maeve is right. Perhaps it isn't her place to be here.

But then, who would be?

She hacks at a stubborn vine with a bit of frustration clenching through her muscles, which only seems to build in intensity at the mention of Noah's letter.

She draws her arms back, though, as she listens. She's reminded quickly that, even if she does not trust Halo's leadership by any capacity, she can trust Maeve. But that brief moment of relaxation is interrupted by a cocky scoff that shakes through her shoulders and guffaws past her lips, "Ha! What, are they afraid that I will kill the ursurs?" She chuckles to herself, shaking her head.

"I have no plans to go after Hotaru. She's unimportant in the face of everything else, don't you agree? She is dangerous, but.. there are bigger things in this world than Hotaru Kaito." Her brow cocks toward Maeve curiously, to measure the response. Perhaps it's unexpected of her, to have this point of view. But when you're crowned the queen of a land you had come to call your home by a goddess you follow, it'll give you some perspective (to say the least).

Her eyes narrow and she shifts to face Maeve for a moment, stopping in their trail. "But I will not appeal to them. What reason is there to?"
looking in the mirror, drop of rum on my tongue
with the warning to help me see myself clearer

Messages In This Thread
under garden and calicos - by Maeve - 07-11-2021, 03:40 AM
RE: under garden and calicos - by Aurelia - 07-11-2021, 08:43 PM
RE: under garden and calicos - by Maeve - 07-11-2021, 10:55 PM
RE: under garden and calicos - by Aurelia - 07-13-2021, 10:22 AM
RE: under garden and calicos - by Maeve - 07-13-2021, 11:26 AM
RE: under garden and calicos - by Aurelia - 07-13-2021, 12:00 PM
RE: under garden and calicos - by Maeve - 07-13-2021, 01:00 PM
RE: under garden and calicos - by Aurelia - 07-21-2021, 05:08 PM
RE: under garden and calicos - by Maeve - 07-21-2021, 07:18 PM