under garden and calicos
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 27 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

With as tuned in to each other that they are these days, Maeve doesn't miss that flicker of hurt in her eyes at her words, but it fades as quickly as it came. Her intentions with speaking so honestly aren't out of cruelty. They aren't hiding from each other anymore and if Aurelia is meant to support her, then Maeve isn't going to hold back. Even if there are brief flashes of pain that come from that honesty. She'd take that sting over the loss of the Fireheart again.

It's so easy to lean into Aurelia's touch. Her own hand coming up to clutch her wrist, feeling the fluttering of her pulse beneath the press of her thumb, jade eyes locked on the other woman as she brushes a dark curl off of her forehead. "I'm not scared when I'm with you. Honestly it's one of the few times that I'm not scared at all." Her admittance is soft, almost a whisper that gets lost in the rustling of the greenery around them, a breeze tugging and playing with the loose bits of hair that fall around their shoulders. Maeve's cheeks flush at Aurelia's words, clutching onto them tightly like a lifeline, tucking them away to get her through the times that will certainly come. "I'll always hold on." She vows, licking her suddenly dry lips, forgetting what it means to breathe as she's caught in this moment with the Fireheart.

Even as she says that she'll cut things off with Hotaru, even as she promises herself to Aurelia in one more way, Maeve doesn't miss how the queen's eyes fall to her lips. A sweet anticipation curls in her belly, something that she hasn't felt in some time and she thinks for a moment that the Fireheart might kiss her. How easy it would be to simply lean in and let it happen. How simple for Maeve to rise up onto her tip toes and curl her fingers at her hip, drawing her counterpart closer to that edge, but she remains still.

Instead, Maeve offers a small nod at her words, giving the fingers that hold hers a gentle squeeze. "For evermore." She murmurs, lips curving into a breathtaking smile that lights up her eyes as she takes a small step forward and there is hardly any space left before them. Despite how she wishes to linger here, the air is growing heavy with the smell of rain and they will undoubtedly be caught in it if they don't get a move on. "We should probably find me a vine, no?" Maeve huffs with a soft laugh, still holding on to her hand, unwilling to let her go.
But I don't like a gold rush, gold rush
I don't like slow motion double vision in rose blush

Messages In This Thread
under garden and calicos - by Maeve - 07-11-2021, 03:40 AM
RE: under garden and calicos - by Aurelia - 07-11-2021, 08:43 PM
RE: under garden and calicos - by Maeve - 07-11-2021, 10:55 PM
RE: under garden and calicos - by Aurelia - 07-13-2021, 10:22 AM
RE: under garden and calicos - by Maeve - 07-13-2021, 11:26 AM
RE: under garden and calicos - by Aurelia - 07-13-2021, 12:00 PM
RE: under garden and calicos - by Maeve - 07-13-2021, 01:00 PM
RE: under garden and calicos - by Aurelia - 07-21-2021, 05:08 PM
RE: under garden and calicos - by Maeve - 07-21-2021, 07:18 PM