[Seasonal Event] sing for safety
Open
Lily Balfour
Entertainer

Age: 34 | Height: 5'9'' | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: N/A - Strg: 16 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
lily
from what i’ve tasted of desire
i hold with those who favor fire
Apparently the reindeer like singing, and luckily for Lily, singing is one of the few things she’s really good at. Well, one of the few things she can do anytime, anywhere, and not be, ah, censored for. As LongNight approaches, Lily decides to take another chance on gathering the Luxere round - except she’s out of apples, she has no hay, only the food that might last her through the week. And still, she hasn’t decided if she’ll stay with Bastien or go to the Rathskellar; honestly, staying by herself in the Church seems like a stupid idea. What if the monsters come? What if she goes stir crazy and ends up writing things on the walls in her own shit, or fall or accidentally end up making a lot of noise?

They would come and she would die, and no one would ever know until the week was up.

Um. No. Fuck that. Bring on the light up reindeer. Maybe for everyone, maybe just for herself. Who knows!

This time, she doesn’t go far beyond the edges of the settlement, keeping the lights of the buildings in view. Planting a cloth and oil soaked torch in the snow, she manages to light it and then leaves it there to burn and melt the snow around it. The black night seems to surround her, sending chills up her arms that aren’t entirely from being cold. So, perhaps as much to coax the Luxere to the buildings as much as to pacify her own fears, Lily begins to sing. Softly at first, she raises into the darkness another one of the old songs.

“By yon bonnie banks and by yon bonnie braes
Where the sun shines bright on Loch Lomond
Where me and my true love will never meet again
On the bonnie, bonnie banks of Loch Lomond...”

Messages In This Thread
[Seasonal Event] sing for safety - by Lily - 02-11-2019, 09:28 PM
RE: [Seasonal Event] sing for safety - by Melita - 02-12-2019, 11:06 PM
RE: [Seasonal Event] sing for safety - by Lily - 02-15-2019, 03:56 PM
RE: [Seasonal Event] sing for safety - by Melita - 02-22-2019, 12:02 AM