Not for His Sake
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
Phoebe
I know I am good at something, I just haven't found it yet
Phoebe had been left feeling anxious after Bastien visited her. Anxious and irritated. The irritation was easy to understand – it was Bastien. He was irritating on his mildest of days. Anxious though…because now she worried for her friends that had been part of his church. She didn’t really know about this Safrin, beyond that she had something to do with stars and that she was pretty…and also had developed a distaste for Bastien. She worried that her ire for him would bleed into her view of her friends…and they had already been given consequences for testing the deities. Well. Just Frey. And Remi more so by a long shot. Worse yet she knew Bastien wouldn’t apologize to Safrin, which wouldn’t help (realistically it could make it worse.) Someone had to do something!

And apparently that someone was her. She wouldn’t be able to set her concern aside until something had been done to appease this Goddess. Besides…he was a jerk to women in particular it seemed to her…and women had to stick together right? Ethereal or otherwise.

So she rose early, preparing the only gift she could think of. A large, unused candle that she carefully carved bits of wax out of, so when it was lit it would cast a look of stars in the shadows around it. Pretty. Symbolic. Useful. She felt badly that she didn’t know what else to bring her…she would remember to apologize for that too.

Phoebe set out for the shrine in the Glade, a bit too anxious to go to the shrine at the temple. Twice she had seen Frey there, and did not want to tempt them since in her experience it was a favorite spot. The Glade seemed more fitting anyways. A beautiful goddess who somehow embodied stars? A natural setting seemed more likely to be her preference. Again, all conjecture.

The Glade shrine was surprisingly easy to find. The young midwife set down her carved candle on the alter and knelt before it, tilting her head forward respectfully. ”Safrin, I do not know you but have heard of you, and I have come to apologize for the disrespectful actions of a man named Bastien towards you…and ask that you look kindly on those who followed him, not knowing his fickleness.” A nice way of saying royal jerk she thought. ”I know he should apologize himself…but I don’t think he will…and you deserve an apology. I hope you will accept mine, and this gift, for the errors of my fellow mortal. I am truly sorry he has treated you with such contempt.” Ugh, she wanted to shudder just at the thought of comparing herself to Bastien, but they were of the same ilk compared to a deity of course. She just hoped her apology was well received and that her friends were safe. That’s what this was about after all. Not for Bastien’s sake, but his ill-led flock.

Messages In This Thread
Not for His Sake - by Phoebe - 02-11-2019, 10:28 PM
RE: Not for His Sake - by Safrin - 02-11-2019, 10:38 PM
RE: Not for His Sake - by Phoebe - 02-12-2019, 01:04 AM
RE: Not for His Sake - by Safrin - 02-12-2019, 01:20 AM
RE: Not for His Sake - by Phoebe - 02-12-2019, 02:15 AM
RE: Not for His Sake - by Safrin - 02-12-2019, 07:14 PM
RE: Not for His Sake - by Phoebe - 02-12-2019, 08:07 PM
RE: Not for His Sake - by Safrin - 02-13-2019, 04:16 PM
RE: Not for His Sake - by Phoebe - 02-13-2019, 05:47 PM
RE: Not for His Sake - by Safrin - 02-13-2019, 06:28 PM
RE: Not for His Sake - by Phoebe - 02-13-2019, 07:20 PM