take this sinking boat and point it home
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 27 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

He looks her over and she does the same to him. He doesn't look any worse for wear. Tanner, a little unkempt, but nothing about him gives away how he's doing. There aren't any dark circles under his eyes or bruises on his knuckles. He looks... fine. Something about that hurts and she doesn't even know how to start unpacking that. Maeve swallows thickly, working her jaw as she tries to formulate a response for him, not knowing where to even begin. No, she's not okay. How could she possibly be okay? There's a war coming and she's queen and pregnant and dealing with all of it without him.

Her mouth opens and closes, making her look like a fish gasping for air more than anything, cheeks flush and skin pale. Slender fingers twist into the skirt of her dress, the fabric bunching around the swell of her belly, hiding the bump from view. Does she tell him now? Does she hide it? Does he even want to know? Part of her thinks she should just let him go. That's what he wanted, right? To not be chained to her? He never asked for her or this or a baby.

Finally, after what seems like hours but is likely only seconds, Maeve shakes her head. "Not really, Locke. I haven't been okay for a while now." She says softly, voice a touch hoarse from the abuse, a shaky breath pushes past her lips at the tail end of it. He won't look at her. His eyes flick everywhere she isn't, intent on avoiding her gaze, unable to look her in the eyes. "Are you okay?"
I'm undone about to burst at my seams
'Cause I am picturing you beside me
So let me be everything that you need

Messages In This Thread
RE: take this sinking boat and point it home - by Maeve - 07-15-2021, 10:12 PM