take this sinking boat and point it home
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 27 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

The conversation is awkward, stilted, and unbalanced. They press on, though. Neither of them pulling away from the other. Too drawn in to even consider that as an option. He holds her eyes for only a moment before his are dropping to her belly. To that obvious bump that's harder to hide each passing day. Almost into her second trimester now. Only a few days off. Of course he notices it and she was preparing for this. The words that she was going to say to him when he found out, but it all just dies on her tongue.

Instead she nods, those tears that were pricking her eyes earlier finally threatening to spill, clinging to her lashes as she looks up at him. There is a sudden desperation in her chest, a hope beyond hope that he'll forget all about leaving and come home. Maeve forces herself to breathe, lips parting to speak as her brows knit together, "When we were in the woods... That's when it happened." She hadn't been with anyone else but him then. It wasn't possible that it could belong to anyone but him. Not Sunjata, not Jack, no one else.

"I- I found out after you were already gone. I was going to tell you when you got back." Because he deserved to know. Even if he didn't want her. Even if he didn't want the baby. Their baby. Maeve inhales sharply, forcing herself to keep going, to tell him that he doesn't have to stay with her because of this. Even if she desperately wants him to. Not out of obligation, but because that's what he wants. "You don't have to be involved. With them or me or... I know you left and that you- you didn't want to be with me." It's not why he left, but it's what she knows. It's all she knows.
I'm undone about to burst at my seams
'Cause I am picturing you beside me
So let me be everything that you need

Messages In This Thread
RE: take this sinking boat and point it home - by Maeve - 07-15-2021, 11:27 PM