take this sinking boat and point it home
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 26 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Zombeikid Offline
Change author:
MP: 630
LOCKE

He wants her to be lying. To tell him its anyone else's. Not because he doesn't want her or the baby but because he's Locke. He ruins everything he touches and now he's going to fuck this kid up before it's even born. Before it's even gotten a chance. And the war. And she's the queen. How did he manage to fuck this much up this badly?

He just kind of nods as she talks. Yeah, that seems right. The swell and every thing. As much as he doesn't want it to be his, it is. "Is it.. Okay?" The baby, he means. And a little bit her. Because he's too nervous. What if it's hurt? What if it's sick? Can you even tell at this stage? He doesn't remember.. He doesn't remember anything he knew about babies. The nervousness is almost too strong and he can't look at her but he can't look away either.

Locke's still clutching the little doll from earlier and he almost instinctively holds it against his chest. His breathing is too fast and he can't seem to catch it. He hasn't felt like this in so long, he's almost forgotten what it's like. You don't have to be involved. With them or me or... I know you left and that you- you didn't want to be with me. Her voice snaps him out of the spiral and his eyes narrow, golden slits where hazel green once was.

"You think I don't want to be involved with my kid? Do you really think I'm one of those kinds of guys?" There's anger, at first, but it quickly dies into realization. He is one of those guys. He left, didn't he? Even if he didn't know. Even now, he plans on leaving with the Ark. He has to. Would she even understand? It's clear she hasn't understood any of this. "I never said I didn't want you.." Spoken softly, just above the hum of the crowd.

"I said other people needed you more. And I was right. Torchline needs you. Sunjata. The baby. Hotaru. They all need you." I need you. His voice is strained as he stares at the ground. "I'll just drag you down."
I know I was born and I know that I'll die
The in-between is mine

Messages In This Thread
RE: take this sinking boat and point it home - by Locke - 07-15-2021, 11:53 PM