take this sinking boat and point it home
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 27 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

The anger that bubbled up hot and acrid in her throat dies in a flash, becoming all of that hurt that she's kept so tightly bottled up just to function instead, so thick and cloying that it takes all she is not to collapse. No, she doesn't realize it makes it sound like she wants Sunjata. She doesn't fucking want him. Maeve wants to tell Locke how he's treated her. How selfish he's been with his compassion, but all of those thoughts go out of her head the second he presses closer to her. The swell of her belly touches him now, very warm and very real between them, a child made from the both of them. Maeve leans into his touch, looking up at him from beneath her lashes, drawing in a shaky breath, "Don't you know that I'm scared too? I'm terrified." She rasps, tears continuing to run down her cheeks as she reaches up with one hand to grip his wrist, the other slipping up his chest to tangle into his shirt.

"You don't want me working there because of what happened to you? Seren.. Seren told me. She didn't tell me specifics, but I-" Maeve pauses, licking her lips as another trembling exhale leaves her. "I figured it out. Easy to know what happened when the same thing happened to you." She murmurs, swallowing thickly past the lump in her throat so she can keep pressing. She can't let him go again. It'll kill her this time. To know that he wants her and yet he won't stay. "I'm not working anymore... Not like that. I stopped as soon as I found out." She's not sure it even matters, but she wants him to know.

"I do need you, Locke. I do. We do. Don't you see that? I need you more than ever." Maeve presses closer to him, dropping her forehead against his chest, unable to resist the temptation of his warmth. So desperate for the comfort that she knows he can give her. Her fingers tighten in his shirt, "Remi and Ronin... They'll watch out for me, sure, but they can't stay with me. I can't leave Torchline now. Seren has tasks to do for her mother. Aurelia... It just isn't the same as you. Not when you're the one that I want. That I need."
I'm undone about to burst at my seams
'Cause I am picturing you beside me
So let me be everything that you need

Messages In This Thread
RE: take this sinking boat and point it home - by Maeve - 07-16-2021, 11:38 AM