take this sinking boat and point it home
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 27 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

It's all things to discuss. Things that Maeve hasn't given much thought to now. How could she work there if she's running a region? There isn't enough time in the day. Will she still run it? Still look after her girls? Of course she will. Outside of her deal with Jack, the Madame doesn't have any business of that nature to conduct, but Locke doesn't know that. How could he?

His sudden inhale pulls her from her thoughts, eyes squeezing shut as he speaks, saying the words she's dreading. I can't. He keeps going, not stopping there and she dares to hope for even a moment, knowing it's likely foolish to get her hopes up. Yet she feels them slowly beginning to rise once more. Maeve draws back, wiping roughly at her tears, straightening her spine and squaring her shoulders. She doesn't bother trying to put on a mask, knowing he'll see right through it, but the Nightshade nods. "When you get back then." The words are barely loud enough to be heard over the muffled din of the party, jade eyes darting that way before dipping to the doll he's cradling in his palm.

Whatever resolve she had to return to her end of the table and leave him be for the rest of the evening quickly disappears at his soft request. She studies it for a moment, wondering who it's for, but too scared to ask. Instead she simply nods, "Yeah... I'll help." Maeve doesn't take his hand as she turns to head back to the party, drifting to a table that's fairly empty still. Only when they're settled and she's carefully sowing the eyes into place, having found smaller buttons, does she dare to speak. "Is this for one of your family?"
I'm undone about to burst at my seams
'Cause I am picturing you beside me
So let me be everything that you need

Messages In This Thread
RE: take this sinking boat and point it home - by Maeve - 07-16-2021, 09:37 PM