i kept my promise, dont keep your distance [OPEN]
Open council thread - for halo residents
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Age: 42 | Height: 5' 9" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 6 - Strg: 23 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 22 - Luck: 14 - Int:
EUNIKE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
MORGAN
The first to speak was a woman Morgan did not recognise by name; she turned to face her and listened with gentle nods, not dismissing her complaints or anger. This was a difficult time, with difficult consequences and decisions - not everyone would be happy with her actions. When it seemed that Aino had finished, Morgan spoke again.

"An Attuned or Accepted co-Warden is a wonderful idea, actually. Someone to guarantee the balance I want to keep." It wouldn't be Noah, not after all he had said and how quickly he'd unhesitatingly shoved a knife into her back, but someone else willing for the job. "As for...Wardens Kaito and Olson. They were not chosen by you. They came here with an agenda; to weaponize the Citadel for the Old Gods. They forcefully removed me from my post and were willing to kill to achieve their means." She wasn't a fool. Had she objected, had she argued, she had known what the barrier on the door meant.

"That is not how a government is run. I was chosen by the people to my position and they were not. Moreover, they wanted to clear the Citadel of Ascended. The Ascended are our citizens, just like you and I - we cannot have leaders that would discriminate by race as to who can live here." Morgan shook her head; the thought was deeply troubling, did not mesh with the image she had of Halo, a place of opportunity and respect. "I freely admit that I am not free of sins or biases. However, I would not forcibly push the Citadel into one side or the other in the war. The Ascended helped me recover my position, yes; that does not mean that the Citadel is now a 'Ascended' city."

It was baffling to her how many people seemed to struggle with that idea; that a place could remain neutral, could welcome both sides. "I do not approve of extremists. I wish I had known prior to this mess that so many were within my council. If these people had correctly aired their beliefs and been accepted, it would be a different measure, but threatening an elected leader and pushing an Old Gods agenda cannot be allowed. Halo cannot be bullied into the war."

Would that do anything to help? She had no idea; Morgan looked to Aino to see what she would say.
There will come a time, you'll see
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3

Messages In This Thread
RE: i kept my promise, dont keep your distance [OPEN] - by Morgan - 07-21-2021, 05:22 PM