never shall the chain break
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 4 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 57 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9347
Hotaru
Our hearts we have sold
For diamonds and gold
If she feels his confusion, it’s swallowed by the tar inside her, thick and black and drowning. Her feet are pulled from the ground in an easy measured stride, and for a moment she’s weightless - and she thinks maybe, maybe, maybe. Maybe she can do this. Then she feels the downdraft of another winged form at her back.

It feels like ripping glue off her skin to turn her head from Deimos’ chest, but when she has she gazes blankly at the wing that hides her children from her. Inside the cat snarls, but the human simply…stares. The words that batter at her don’t encourage much more of a reaction.

Remi’s emotions, however, won’t be ignored. But from her side of the bond there is only that thick, clinging tar. A void of nothingness, with only the faintest terror and confusion beyond. Would you rather I had not flown? A strangely accented murmur, almost detached. She could have died, then. Free of this horrible pit she can’t remember falling into and can’t find a way out of.

Hotaru slowly releases Deimos, but her hands lay limp at her sides as she stares at where the twins are hidden by one tawny wing. I don’t… Ru shudders, and she blinks glassy eyes quickly. I don’t feel right. I should want to kill you for what you’re doing. They’d spoken of death so many times, it’s almost a requirement for their reunions. But I don’t. And there it is, the heart opening up - she wants to loathe the twins, but she loves them beyond all reason at the same time. Leaving them with Vai or Remi hadn’t been a possibility to her, because surely only she could keep them safe. But had the thought that perhaps they all might perish had appealed to her in the dark moments where they slumbered against her chest?

Yes. Oh, it had.

I needed to see he was okay. The rest…is fuzzy. Only the incessant terror that every moment wasted she may lose him.

Finally looking into Remi’s lion face, Hotaru’s fingers spread slowly in a gesture of helpless defeat. Would she have asked him for help, if she’d even had the wherewithal to know there was something wrong with her brain currently? After all he’d done, all she now owes him? Her armor - her worth - has been stripped like rotted bark, and she won’t look down to see what’s revealed.

Maybe that’s why she’d come, instead of writing back asking Deimos to come to her. He is her touchstone. Surely he would know if something was wrong with her?
But baby take a look
We have it all
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.

Messages In This Thread
never shall the chain break - by Hotaru - 07-24-2021, 10:45 PM
RE: never shall the chain break - by Deimos - 07-25-2021, 02:01 PM
RE: never shall the chain break - by Hotaru - 07-27-2021, 02:36 PM
RE: never shall the chain break - by Remi - 07-27-2021, 02:41 PM
RE: never shall the chain break - by Deimos - 07-27-2021, 06:06 PM
RE: never shall the chain break - by Hotaru - 07-27-2021, 07:35 PM
RE: never shall the chain break - by Remi - 07-27-2021, 07:53 PM
RE: never shall the chain break - by Deimos - 07-27-2021, 08:53 PM
RE: never shall the chain break - by Hotaru - 07-27-2021, 10:01 PM
RE: never shall the chain break - by Remi - 07-27-2021, 10:30 PM
RE: never shall the chain break - by Deimos - 07-28-2021, 09:30 AM