Mini Event well, who'd have thought
Open - Halo Citadel-wide meeting
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Age: 42 | Height: 5' 9" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 6 - Strg: 23 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 22 - Luck: 14 - Int:
EUNIKE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
MORGAN

Perhaps it was realism or inherent pessimism; Morgan did not expect to still be the Warden of Halo once the votes came in. She sat in the Hall patiently waiting for the count, in her mind working out what she'd do after her position was gone. The last season had broken any ideals or perceptions she had about her reputation as Warden and in her heart there was a sinking feeling that said Halo has changed.

When the count arrived and she found she was still Warden, there was a moment of major adjustment needed; She stared at Neron for a second, suspicious, as if considering if he could have somehow sneakily controlled this - but no, it had been out of his hands too.

Well then. There was work to be done. With the ice-cold precision and determination that had earned her her title, Morgan stood as the Warden, all thoughts of leaving gone. There was work to do. Firstly, addressing the people in the wake of this decision. It had been close - she knew that roughly half of the people in the Citadel had wanted her gone. Those were the ones she had to convince with her next actions.

Stood in the Council Hall, a little prouder and taller now than the last time she'd been there, Morgan spoke to whoever gathered: "Halo. The vote has been counted and...well. By my standing here, you can see the result has been to keep me in my position. The votes will be open and able to all to see if you wish to check the count." She gestured over to the table where they had been counted, guarded by a clerk. "I am humbled by this decision and I want to take this opportunity to apologise to those of you I have disappointed as your Warden. I can only hope that in the next seasons I can prove to all of you that I intend to see the Citadel thrive and grow. For all of us."

Clearing her throat, she looked over all of them - the old, the young, the sick and the well, those she knew and those she only saw as passing faces. "I believe that what God someone follows need not be anyone else's concern. Halo should be a place of refuge for any and all of us. Anyone - Ascended or otherwise - acting against another due to race or belief will be punished." Morgan cast her eyes towards Neron at this, any other Ascended in the room, hoping to communicate I mean you too.

She couldn't afford to be inconsistent.

"I welcome your opinions, thoughts and stories. The Council Hall is open for discussions as it always has been. Soon, we shall vote for the next improvement for our Citadel. As our last two developments were made possible through Frey, I am considering asking the Voice for the next." Morgan raised an eyebrow, waiting for a challenge to that. "Anyone with an objection is welcome to raise it. Halo, let's work together to make our Citadel somewhere full of acceptance and warmth."
Would you have it any other way?
You couldn't have it any other way

Messages In This Thread
well, who'd have thought - by Morgan - 08-01-2021, 04:37 PM
RE: well, who'd have thought - by Sah - 08-01-2021, 06:53 PM
RE: well, who'd have thought - by Aino - 08-01-2021, 11:49 PM
RE: well, who'd have thought - by Neron - 08-03-2021, 04:02 PM
RE: well, who'd have thought - by Cordelia - 08-03-2021, 08:38 PM
RE: well, who'd have thought - by Morgan - 08-03-2021, 09:39 PM
RE: well, who'd have thought - by Sah - 08-10-2021, 03:19 AM
RE: well, who'd have thought - by Neron - 08-11-2021, 09:57 AM
RE: well, who'd have thought - by Morgan - 08-17-2021, 09:14 PM