Crossing the Bar
for Gideon
Adventurer

Age: 32 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Mermaid | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 0 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 5 - Endr: 5 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Marina Offline
Change author:
MP: 20
Johnny did not think himself as any one man beloved by any god, and in fact had yet to speak with a god before. His family back home often spoke of the gods as their friends, but the lone merman on the shore? He felt no love from the beings the played strange roles in the lives of his fellow mortals. The whole idea seemed too confusing and he was far too busy trying to figure out his place in the world, especially while he was so close to the shore. The mouth-breathers were strange, but many of them enjoyable and willing to offer him sweets and bread (Johnny's newly discovered favorite things). Still, a lone merfolk so close to shore, he couldn't help but to be a little cautious.

So when Gideon approached, the music abruptly stopped. His first instinct was to flee — back home they had always said to flee. He wasn't sure what a human would want with a merperson, but he had heard stories of pirates finding the most beautiful of merfolk and tying them to the bow of a ship as some sort of ornament. Johnny was quiet, looking up at the man with curiosity and fear as the gears slowly turned in his mind. Friend or foe? He began to slink deeper into the water, feeling safer if he could quickly dart away.

"It's supposed to be about death," he finally said, "But I think it could also mean new beginnings." Johnny considered this again, "I think some people think that going home is death. I do not think home is death. Death is death." Death was blank, nothingness. It was at the depths of the ocean, when you couldn't see anymore.

Johnny wanted to get to the point, "Are you a friend? I will fight you if you are not. I bite. I am strong and fearless," he grinned at the man to show him his pointed teeth, "And one day I will be known."

Gideon

Messages In This Thread
Crossing the Bar - by Johnny - 08-02-2021, 07:51 PM
RE: Crossing the Bar - by Gideon - 08-02-2021, 09:08 PM
RE: Crossing the Bar - by Johnny - 08-02-2021, 09:48 PM
RE: Crossing the Bar - by Gideon - 08-06-2021, 05:52 PM